Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had trouble with IRS not recognizing a return that was e-filed and accepted on January 23, 2023?

caroljo
Level 5
I e-filed a return on January 23, 2023 and it was accepted on that same day.  Now when we go to the "Where is my Refund" on the IRS site it says they don't have any information about it.  We have checked and rechecked to make sure there is nothing wrong.  Yikes and help!!!
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

I would try calling eServices to see if they can locate the return based on your submission ID.  I think their number is 866-255-0654.

I personally don't file anything in January.  Too many years with bugs in the system and/or too many clients who "Columbo" me a day or two after efiling.  "Just one more thing . . ."  I'm not sure how people can "forget" that they had another job last year but somehow they do!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

WMR isnt always completely reliable, but its possible it got pulled into ID verification or review and it wont show up on WMR until it moves further into processing.  If youve got a submission ID on the Form 9325, theyve got it...somewhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Always a good idea to save the thumbs up slips that intuit prints when the IRS and State received successfully the returns and when they accept the returns

caroljo
Level 5

Yes, I have the 9325 showing it was accepted on January 23.  This is a little scary because I think that was the first day of e-filing.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I never EF those first few days, seems like each year, some of the opening day returns get sucked into the system and take longer to process.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rbynaker
Level 13

I would try calling eServices to see if they can locate the return based on your submission ID.  I think their number is 866-255-0654.

I personally don't file anything in January.  Too many years with bugs in the system and/or too many clients who "Columbo" me a day or two after efiling.  "Just one more thing . . ."  I'm not sure how people can "forget" that they had another job last year but somehow they do!

caroljo
Level 5

Thank you.  I should remember next year to hold up a little while longer to e-file some of these returns.  I HATE  doing amendments.  I will try your suggestion to call.