curt1's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curt1's Posts

Please add a quick visual for the preparer and/or analysis report that can be printed for clients showing their federal and state withholding rates for each W-2 and 1099R.  I'm finding a lot of surpr... See more...
Please add a quick visual for the preparer and/or analysis report that can be printed for clients showing their federal and state withholding rates for each W-2 and 1099R.  I'm finding a lot of surprised clients wondering why they have balances due or large refunds.  Most of the time it takes me a few minutes to analyze that withholding is off (when I don't have a few minutes). Also on the report, show the taxpayer's eligibility and max contribution to tradl, Roth and SEP IRAs; and the corresponding savings they would recognize. And of course, make sure ALL STATES have a year over year comparison report.
Client needs to file a No Tax Liability BIRT. Proseries accepts the e-file initially but later rejects saying a bunch of fields are missing (name, address, email...) but they are not missing. Client... See more...
Client needs to file a No Tax Liability BIRT. Proseries accepts the e-file initially but later rejects saying a bunch of fields are missing (name, address, email...) but they are not missing. Client also needs to file Net Profits (NPT) return. Proseries accepts the e-file initially but later rejects saying missing "Account ID".  There is no "Account ID" on the form. Does any of this have to do with the taxpayer not having a PHTIN from the city of brotherly love? (Tech support no help. They told me to submit a product enhancement to fix Proseries edits not to initially accept the e-file without a PHTIN, if that's what Philly requires. We all know what happens to product enhancement requests...)  
You were correct!  I was looking for the amend button on the RI Info Wksht tab but it's located on the actual RI form 1040.  Now I have to figure out why the RI and NY amended returns won't populate ... See more...
You were correct!  I was looking for the amend button on the RI Info Wksht tab but it's located on the actual RI form 1040.  Now I have to figure out why the RI and NY amended returns won't populate in Proseries. Thank you!
I looked but did not see an amendment check box on the RI return.  The actual form 040X on RI's website has a layout similar to the federal 1040X (reported amt., change, revised amt.). Thanks for th... See more...
I looked but did not see an amendment check box on the RI return.  The actual form 040X on RI's website has a layout similar to the federal 1040X (reported amt., change, revised amt.). Thanks for the idea.  I guess I have to call support. 
Trying to amend 2021 income between NY and RI.  Not sure why I don't see the RI 1040X form in PS?  There's an amendment explanation form, but not the actual RI 1040X. Please don't make me call the he... See more...
Trying to amend 2021 income between NY and RI.  Not sure why I don't see the RI 1040X form in PS?  There's an amendment explanation form, but not the actual RI 1040X. Please don't make me call the help desk...
PS Tool Hub  
Please create expand the Two Year Comparison reporting functionality to ALL STATES.  Very important control check.  Ten states is a good start but please knock this very popular request off the 'to-d... See more...
Please create expand the Two Year Comparison reporting functionality to ALL STATES.  Very important control check.  Ten states is a good start but please knock this very popular request off the 'to-do' list asap.
Worked for me this morning when PS wouldn't open and support was closed.  Hopefully this cures all ailments this tax season (although it would be nice if ailments didn't happen in the first place 🙂
THANK YOU!  I guess that's what the Tool Hub is for this tax season.
May I ask why you switched from Drake?  I've been wanting to switch away from PS for years but don't want to go through the conversion process.
Same error here for PS Professional.  Great way to start the morning.  Support doesn't open for another 2 hours...
We need to be able to add columns to the EF Center, like we can with the other HB views.  I'd like to add Direct Debit Date to EF Center to double check it's correct before I hit the EF Now button.
Bingo!  Can you even imagine how much all those turbo tax ads cost intuit during the NFL playoffs and superbowl?  Definitely enough to have fixed all the proseries bugs a couple times over.  proserie... See more...
Bingo!  Can you even imagine how much all those turbo tax ads cost intuit during the NFL playoffs and superbowl?  Definitely enough to have fixed all the proseries bugs a couple times over.  proseries has been wilting on the vine and is not in the long term plan.
I consider switching every year but I'm afraid of the conversion effort.  I hear that Drake walks on water in terms of customer service but they were lacking some functionality last time I took a tes... See more...
I consider switching every year but I'm afraid of the conversion effort.  I hear that Drake walks on water in terms of customer service but they were lacking some functionality last time I took a test drive.  Please let us know what you switch to and how your conversion goes.
Who knows...  I checked today (2/10) and the NJ 8879 release schedule was changed from 2/10 to 2/17:  https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates Turbo Tax users get much better support and communi... See more...
Who knows...  I checked today (2/10) and the NJ 8879 release schedule was changed from 2/10 to 2/17:  https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates Turbo Tax users get much better support and communication than we loyal Proseries professionals do. Proseries just doesn't care enough to proactively communicate and/or get things done like other tax software companies. I don't see any reported issues with other tax platforms so the NJ delay must be Intuit/Proseries driven. An open/honest company would communicate the root cause and stand behind a fix date. I guess that's what we should expect from the company that received the lowest customer support score on the annual AICPA tax software survey. Unfortunately, clients don't see or care about such surveys so we professionals bear the brunt of the dissatisfaction.  
For clients that deferred tax on covid-related retirement plan distributions (up to $100k) in 2020, assuming no repayment, how will Proseries carry forward the next one-third ($33,333) of the distrib... See more...
For clients that deferred tax on covid-related retirement plan distributions (up to $100k) in 2020, assuming no repayment, how will Proseries carry forward the next one-third ($33,333) of the distribution from 2020 8915-E to 2021? As I write this, Proseries has no 8915-E or 8915-F.  Will it be added soon?  Curious what the procedure will be? Do we have to input on the 1099-R screen? Thank you.  
This is needed for quality control purposes to help ensure completeness and client communication/analysis.  The two-year comparison functionality already exists on a number of states but should be ex... See more...
This is needed for quality control purposes to help ensure completeness and client communication/analysis.  The two-year comparison functionality already exists on a number of states but should be expanded to all states with an individual income tax requirement.  Apparently Intuit added this functionality to 10 state business returns, but not for individual returns.
I called PS support about this since none of the previous community requests were appropriately answered.  PS says the OK OW-8-P is a state issued worksheet (emphasis) therefore it is not eligible fo... See more...
I called PS support about this since none of the previous community requests were appropriately answered.  PS says the OK OW-8-P is a state issued worksheet (emphasis) therefore it is not eligible for e-filing and must be attached.  The error message should disclose this is a State of OK requirement (not a PS shortfall) so I thought I'd let others know and save the hassle of calling support.
I called PS support about this since none of the previous community requests were appropriately answered.  PS says the OK OW-8-P is a state issued worksheet (emphasis) therefore it is not eligible fo... See more...
I called PS support about this since none of the previous community requests were appropriately answered.  PS says the OK OW-8-P is a state issued worksheet (emphasis) therefore it is not eligible for e-filing and must be attached.  The error message should disclose this is a State of OK requirement (not a PS shortfall) so I thought I'd let others know and save the hassle of calling support.