Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Texas Franchise Tax Filings

LSwaim
Level 1

First year using Pro-Series and running into an issue support couldn't help with. We have several clients that have more than one Texas LLC that franchise is either tied to Sch C, E or F with their 1040. How do you file multiple TX Franchise tax with 1040, Pro Series is pulling the respective schedules and creating Form 05-102 for each LLC but only one Form 05-163. Previous software created a 05-102 & 05-163 for each LLC separately.  

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sewcpa
Level 5

I log on to TX Comptroller's website directly and do the franchise tax reports for LLC number 2 and 3 and... directly to the state. It gives immediate confirmation but does not save data for next year like we do thru proSeries.  Therefore I choose the most complicated filing to do in ProSeries and do the others directly.

Good Luck

LSwaim
Level 1

That's what we are starting to figure out, coming from Drake we were able to file multiple Texas franchise reports and tie them to each schedule while maintaining info each year. Only a few weeks into Pro Series and nobody in our offices are very impressed with software at this point. 

0 Cheers
curt1
Level 4

May I ask why you switched from Drake?  I've been wanting to switch away from PS for years but don't want to go through the conversion process.

0 Cheers
LSwaim
Level 1

We thought PS was going to be a little more user friendly than Drake. PS advantage so far is seeing errors and correcting while working through process and needed forms are easier to find in PS. Drake won't let you see errors until calculate return then either have to print errors or take screen shot to go back and fix. Then might trigger more errors and start process over again until all cleared. I will say Drake support is TOP NOTCH and quick, never once had to wait over a few minutes to talk with someone. 

So far PS has not been very impressive with support as yesterday it was over an hour before got a call back then it seems like they just read off script or suggested using online community chat for resolution. We are having lots of issues with updates and program not functioning correctly.  Working from a remote office back to our main through Remote Desktop I had to rebuild Homebase 9 times yesterday as it would freeze and not let me swap between return types. We are not impressed and regret making the switch between all the problems and having to rebuild data lost during conversion process.  

0 Cheers