Ruth1's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruth1's Posts

We are hosting on Verito. The tax program has encouraged to update the software old school but the preparer did that once before and it froze the program. Called Verito; they did an update but probl... See more...
We are hosting on Verito. The tax program has encouraged to update the software old school but the preparer did that once before and it froze the program. Called Verito; they did an update but problem persists. 
I have a VA P/Y filing and the Form A for itemized VA deductions is populating properly but is not being filed with the return creating the VA return to be "kicked back" by the governing authority. ... See more...
I have a VA P/Y filing and the Form A for itemized VA deductions is populating properly but is not being filed with the return creating the VA return to be "kicked back" by the governing authority. Does anyone know how to force the schedule A/CG or have any other ideas as to e-file this return?  
I have now been on the phone with Lacerte for one hour, 25 minutes and 31 seconds trying to get E-signatures still to no avail. I purchased e-sig through the program yesterday. I see the charge in m... See more...
I have now been on the phone with Lacerte for one hour, 25 minutes and 31 seconds trying to get E-signatures still to no avail. I purchased e-sig through the program yesterday. I see the charge in my bank account. E-sig dashboard does not acknowledge more available. This exact same thing happened in early March. I ended up being forced to buy the esignatures again and was charged twice. then I had to spend time on the phone again to get my money back. I have asked that they front me e-sig so I can continue working while they fix this again. no, they don't do that bc they don't even see that I have e-sig on their end. I have been a client for two decades! We are talking about about $132. Can someone help me or point me in the direction to get this fixed? Exasperated doesn't even begin to cover this.
Thank you kindly. 
Client has rental property which was also used personally. In the past two years it had not been rented more than 5 days in 2019 and zero days in 2020. Did not take rental in 2019. In 2020, she wants... See more...
Client has rental property which was also used personally. In the past two years it had not been rented more than 5 days in 2019 and zero days in 2020. Did not take rental in 2019. In 2020, she wants to take all expenses due to Covid. My research says second home. I would like to hear any opinions. Thank you.
The Vermont web page indicates due to Covid, if you lived in another state but had VT wages & due to quarantine you worked in the home state are not obligated to pay on VT wages. I'm wondering if L... See more...
The Vermont web page indicates due to Covid, if you lived in another state but had VT wages & due to quarantine you worked in the home state are not obligated to pay on VT wages. I'm wondering if Lacerte has a way to handle this in the program other than just coding the withholdings to Vt and the rest to US.
Hmmm, could be yes. 
Yes, but does anyone know if we can we set it up globally to all returns at at once? 
Miscellaneous check box screen 3., Is there or is there going to be a global check box to agree to the American Rescue Plan?
Hi George, That particular method didn't work so ultimately I deleted the client, rolled it over again and input the return. Fortunately it was a quick easy return. Thanks.
Thanks, I'll try that. 
Input pension income and withholdings. Pension income okay on 1040 but withholdings are mysteriously doubled. Tried downloading updates but system says I am on most recent.
Thank you kindly. 
I completely understood who was responding to whom. I just don't think the object of the snarky comments needs to be included in the thread. If people choose to be unkind they should volunteer elsewh... See more...
I completely understood who was responding to whom. I just don't think the object of the snarky comments needs to be included in the thread. If people choose to be unkind they should volunteer elsewhere. 
Asked to not being assaulted by volunteers is not a large request. Not only do we learn things from you, you can learn a few things about professionalism from us. 
Thank you kindly
I suggest private messenger then.  
Good Grief srjrcpa, I didn't kill anyone. Just made a mistake.  Phoebe answered my question and told me nicely you cant hop on posts.  
Good Morning itonewbie, Your response below appears to be up my alley so to speak but I don't see the question which prompted it. I have a client who: distributed 94K from a 401K and paid the tax. ... See more...
Good Morning itonewbie, Your response below appears to be up my alley so to speak but I don't see the question which prompted it. I have a client who: distributed 94K from a 401K and paid the tax. Put the entire funds in a non-deductible IRA. Took out the earned income and paid tax on it  now wants to take the 94K and contribute to a Roth. Fidelity says its taxable. I cant imagine it's not and further allowed at that large an amount. I am perplexed by "there is no taxable income not because its not taxable but only because there is no taxable income to recognize" I'm sort of drowning in the weeds. Taxable yea or nay? Can you assist?  
Is anyone else having difficulties using E-signature usage on the dashboard? Not a thing is there. Totally blank. Any ideas?