dbtaxsolutions's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbtaxsolutions's Posts

This is freaking me out. I have had files that I e filed in March, then today after deadline, they appeared as "marked for E file" when they were previously E filed. I have seen this in the past when... See more...
This is freaking me out. I have had files that I e filed in March, then today after deadline, they appeared as "marked for E file" when they were previously E filed. I have seen this in the past when all I had to do was "receive acknowledgement" and it would mark it back to E file completed on the dashboard.  This time, it was actually looking like it was not e filed at all, so I had to re e file. I have my system of marking files that are e filed. And this was not a one time, there were multiple files. I e file both NC and federal together, no reason not to file together, then it processes it but then somewhere it reverts back and drops the e file processing weeks later or days later and it looked like it was never even E filed before. It's fine if it shows rejection, then I would notice, but no it doesn't. Anyone else having this problem with Pro series this year. It's a pain because I have to now showing as not only double check but triple and quadruple check whether a file is e filed, making me not trust the software. 
Tax payer received a faulty w2 where employer collected PA taxes and remitted to state, while tax payer is a resident of NC and not at all resident of PA nor worked there. Trying to file PA to get a ... See more...
Tax payer received a faulty w2 where employer collected PA taxes and remitted to state, while tax payer is a resident of NC and not at all resident of PA nor worked there. Trying to file PA to get a refund of tax that was collected but while I put non resident in PA -40 and on Federal worksheet indicated zero dollar on wages earned allocated to PA, the PA tax return is showing a taxable wages of 100% of his wages, including other w2 that has nothing to do with PA, can't seem to adjust no matter what i do. Anyone else is having this issue with PA software in proseries professional? thanks
Was there a solution to this?  It is currently also calculating it for non resident, but not for resident. 
Forms availability for NC state partnership forms say 1/26, however, today 1/29 I am still not able to download the state forms with form 1065 partnership. Are there any issues?
Is there a way to annotate on the documents uploaded by clients in Intuit LINK? This would really help a lot. 1. Also is there a way to lock in the document batch uploaded by clients once already en... See more...
Is there a way to annotate on the documents uploaded by clients in Intuit LINK? This would really help a lot. 1. Also is there a way to lock in the document batch uploaded by clients once already entered in tax return? I  meant, when tax return was almost done/completed then client uploads documents merging with previously uploaded documents, requiring to review all documents in that batch to make sure nothing was missed.  2. I had initially set up clients using generic social security number, and then later on changed to their actual social security number. Another client is set up using that same generic SS#, however, doing this now have linked the two clients together, allowing two unrelated clients to access the same link and even when ss# is eventually changed, it's no longer able to undo the shared access, all documents from both clients are not merged in same file in intuit link. No one could help me with this when I called. But now moving forward, I cannot now invite these two clients in Intuit LINK ever, since it will recognize their email address and will merge them again. I have tried re inviting and still have same issue of breach of privacy when another client can view another's docs. Hoping this is fixed? Maybe there is a way around it?  3. How long do documents stay in cloud in intuit link?   thanks in advance
I figured it out. the tax equivalent of the repayment goes in Sch 3, part II , line 13 d . Section 1341 claim of rights credit for income included in prior years. 
The SS benefit was from deceased spouse, received in 2021 $5830. It was included in spouse income. There was no social security benefit in 2022, only that she has to repay this $5380. so it shows as... See more...
The SS benefit was from deceased spouse, received in 2021 $5830. It was included in spouse income. There was no social security benefit in 2022, only that she has to repay this $5380. so it shows as $-5830 repayment, no benefit . I have the numbers, The repayment of $5380 and the tax associated with it in 2021, $1601 The question, is how to make the proseries software work so whatever i select shows in the right place? thanks
Using line 16 Sch A worksheet does not populate anywhere.  It's not letting me claim either Itemized or credit? how does it work in proseries? I have a $5380 repaymentin 2022 that was taxed $1601 i... See more...
Using line 16 Sch A worksheet does not populate anywhere.  It's not letting me claim either Itemized or credit? how does it work in proseries? I have a $5380 repaymentin 2022 that was taxed $1601 in 2021. Any tips on how this works in proseries basic? Thanks
I am following this thread, but entering it on line 16 Sch A worksheet does not populate anywhere.  It's not letting me claime neither Itemized nor credit? how does it work in proseries? I have a $... See more...
I am following this thread, but entering it on line 16 Sch A worksheet does not populate anywhere.  It's not letting me claime neither Itemized nor credit? how does it work in proseries? I have a $5380 repaymentin 2022 that was taxed $1601 in 2021. Any tips on how this works in proseries basic? Thanks
Thank you, that's what I understand, just wanted to confirm. The price one pay when you make more money!!
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else can assist. I am working on tax return with 3 k-1 from S Corps, and I have indicated it as SSTB on the k-1 but none is populating on the form 8895 A at all. -  K-1... See more...
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else can assist. I am working on tax return with 3 k-1 from S Corps, and I have indicated it as SSTB on the k-1 but none is populating on the form 8895 A at all. -  K-1 ordinary income $420 553, W2  $138 504, and UBIA $ 35 456 (duplicate this is it is similar for another k-1 for spouse) - K-1  Ordinary Income -9889  W2, 45 000, UBIA 650 Taxable income is $1 013 931.00 Just wanted to confirm, it looks like they didn't qualify for QBI due to taxable income and being SSTB.   
Does it work without EIN? I guess that's the biggie. If the foreign school provides the US federal education aid and is listed, how does one claim it in proseries if there is no EIN?
Did you find out whether there is a way to claim education credit if there is no EIN for foreign university?
thanks
Has anyone else discovered this? I have had multiple clients who brought it to my attention that what the letter says isn't exactly what was on the actual tax results which created confusing and dis... See more...
Has anyone else discovered this? I have had multiple clients who brought it to my attention that what the letter says isn't exactly what was on the actual tax results which created confusing and distrust that the software is not working as it should? For example the letter says the amount of tax due, but not the same as what's on the voucher.  It says sign and mail return when it was electronically filed? thanks
So I have the same similar situation, but the amount was previously converted. AS it seems in publication 509, the order of distribution is converted amount first, then earnings.  However, even with... See more...
So I have the same similar situation, but the amount was previously converted. AS it seems in publication 509, the order of distribution is converted amount first, then earnings.  However, even with Code T, zero taxable amount, it still or even if i put box 5 contribution for same amount of distribution, it is still being taxed?  Is my only option now to use Code 7 instead so it's not taxable since it is return of contribution?  
Anyone else having this issue? I have this on multiple clients with K-1, all local but it keeps asking for foreign address as an error. The first time i was on phone for about an hour, in the end I w... See more...
Anyone else having this issue? I have this on multiple clients with K-1, all local but it keeps asking for foreign address as an error. The first time i was on phone for about an hour, in the end I was told my file was corrupt so I had to redo the entire tax return. Reluctantly, I did, but the problem persist, wasted my time, it would have been great if it fixed it. Now, this problem persist, can any one provide an insight? I have had clients with same k-1 for years, all local, now suddenly it is flagging me for foreign address?? thanks
It's 2021, and it's still happening.  This should be a simple fix, especially when it worked in 2019 and before. 
So I efiled s corps and partnership last week, and the home base shows accepted as it only shows federal, I go in to the return it shows a bunch of errors after it was efiled that it was not there be... See more...
So I efiled s corps and partnership last week, and the home base shows accepted as it only shows federal, I go in to the return it shows a bunch of errors after it was efiled that it was not there before. Secondly, the NC state were not efiled and there is no note on Rejection, it just went back to cycle as if it were never efiled. What a nightmare, I had to now go to each one of my returns to make sure they were efiled correctly because I can't seem to trust what the home base says.  I efiled s corps and partnerships yesterday and they were accepted, but the ones last week, on NC, they were not and again not listed on reject whatsoever so there was no help to catch these failures . Proseries, i hope you do better next year. 
How do I clear the equity accounts in the books ( do they go in as P & L item or are they adjusted in the tax return itself in proseries). ? Thanks for any guidance.