stendec's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stendec's Posts

THANKS  so much for reply.  out  of  12 replies,  this is the only real citation I  got
THANKS  abc,  isn't this the truth ????!!  no logic to tax code
thanks a lot for your reply and anytime you spent on this,  it is not really a citation,  etc I was looking for, but THANK YOU.  2 people dissed you on your reply.  always several  snotty  people out... See more...
thanks a lot for your reply and anytime you spent on this,  it is not really a citation,  etc I was looking for, but THANK YOU.  2 people dissed you on your reply.  always several  snotty  people out here who criticize Every Question.  
can a Sch C owner  be employee  with W2?  I can  find NO in pub 334,  Can someone  give me a link to something more authoritative,  a Citation,  Letter ruling,  IRC   ? The rule seems illogical to me
I had to log in.  I don't know if you saw my reply or not.  the 1231 gain is shown on Sch D. Lacerte said, of course, that Lacerte is correct, and T Tax is wrong.  who knows?
thanks, SJR,   I had no idea.  instead I will memorize the logarithm tables. , base 10. this will be easier than THE CODE
thanks So Very Much,  SJR and ABCTAX,  I guess I am quite surprised Lacerte support did not see this, as I sent them a copy of the return.  she spent  15 minutes on this.  By god, I am still in the pr... See more...
thanks So Very Much,  SJR and ABCTAX,  I guess I am quite surprised Lacerte support did not see this, as I sent them a copy of the return.  she spent  15 minutes on this.  By god, I am still in the process of memorizing  the  50,000 pages of THE CODE.  when I get there, I won't be making any more errors. Truly, I learn something new out here every week. Really appreciate you
This is the Answer ! and I appreciate your input .  I did NOT  enter this as Passive.   My error.  Lacerte got a copy of this return, and looked at it,  they did not suggest that Correct Answer
k1 passive loss of -9000,  sec 1231 gain.  Turbo tax allowed the Loss,  Lacerte sent loss to  "Disallowed Loss on 8582.  which is correct ?
obviously, he did not do an exchange, but his LAWYER/EXCHANGE FACILITAOR says he did. Form 8824 line 18, just entering the items shown on Lacerte and also the form, do not seem to be complete.  what s... See more...
obviously, he did not do an exchange, but his LAWYER/EXCHANGE FACILITAOR says he did. Form 8824 line 18, just entering the items shown on Lacerte and also the form, do not seem to be complete.  what should I put on line 18?  Here is exactly what our Esteemed  Barrister wrote:   " sells property that has a 900,000 mortgage, but only a 500,000 basis on it for 1,000,000 and receiving 100K in net proceeds.  Then pays 100 K to buy replacement property for 100k, . 100 k of the capital gain from first property is deferred to 2nd property, the rest of the capital gain is taxed"     Then he continues " however if our guy used the  entire 100 K for the down payment on a 500,000 property, and financed the remaining 400K of the purchase price, then the entire capital gain is deferred onto the new property, (which will then have a cost basis of zero)"
seller sells for  1,000,000 .  cost 700.000, depreciation 200,000- he has mortgage of 900,000, --All he buys is one property for 100,000 as exchange.  I get taxable gain of 500,000 He got 1... See more...
seller sells for  1,000,000 .  cost 700.000, depreciation 200,000- he has mortgage of 900,000, --All he buys is one property for 100,000 as exchange.  I get taxable gain of 500,000 He got 100,000 cash on sale and put this 100,000 down to buy new property, all cash.  lacerate calculates no taxable gain. where I am inputting incorrectly?