msmith7305's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msmith7305's Posts

Same problem here. Have you figured it out yet?
Nope. PS strikes again.
Still not ready to e-file? Heard that Lacerte is.
I have a Texas resident client who is a partner and received a K-1 for New York. The K-1 shows a $4,000 ordinary business loss that is passive. There are no other passive activities and he has no oth... See more...
I have a Texas resident client who is a partner and received a K-1 for New York. The K-1 shows a $4,000 ordinary business loss that is passive. There are no other passive activities and he has no other New York source income or deductions. The $4,000 loss is not allowed for federal or NY purposes. The NY K-1, however, lists 2 modifications related to this K-1 that appear should be entered on Form IT-225. One is a NY addition modification of $2,000 and the other is a NY subtraction modification of $1,200 for a net positive modification of $800. These entries from the IT-225 flow through the return (IT-203 lines 22 and 29) to show a NY income of $800 and therefore a tax owed to NY. This doesn't make sense to me as it seems like the modifications should be applied to reduce the $4,000 unallowed loss to a $3,200 unallowed loss. I am obviously not a NY expert and could use some guidance as to how to address this. Or, did I do it right to begin with?
Ally - When you edit the client presentation it asks if you want to save the changes upon exiting. If you answer "yes" those changes will be applied to ALL future presentations. They are NOT specif... See more...
Ally - When you edit the client presentation it asks if you want to save the changes upon exiting. If you answer "yes" those changes will be applied to ALL future presentations. They are NOT specific to a client. The presentation is not coupled to any specific client.  
You can set a print option for them to print with a return
I posted this a few weeks ago. Don't know if it has been fixed or if it even applies to you. "I know it's early but wanted to throw this out in case IntuitGabi is on the board. When transferred fro... See more...
I posted this a few weeks ago. Don't know if it has been fixed or if it even applies to you. "I know it's early but wanted to throw this out in case IntuitGabi is on the board. When transferred from 2022 to 2023, the program is allocating total amount of loans from shareholders (as per balance sheet) by stock ownership percentage to each shareholder K-1 instead of the actual amount of ending shareholder loan as stated on the prior year K-1." Hopefully a fix is coming..
Not the interest. It is the increase in calculated tax due.
Thanks for replies. The notice is in response to a 1040X. The tax calculated by IRS does not agree with the tax calculated on the 1040X. You would think they would offer an explanation..
I know it's early but wanted to throw this out in case IntuitGabi is on the board. When transferred from 2022 to 2023, the program is allocating total amount of loans from shareholders (as per balan... See more...
I know it's early but wanted to throw this out in case IntuitGabi is on the board. When transferred from 2022 to 2023, the program is allocating total amount of loans from shareholders (as per balance sheet) by stock ownership percentage to each shareholder K-1 instead of the actual amount of ending shareholder loan as stated on the prior year K-1. Hopefully a fix is coming..
I've had 2 clients receive CP22As that ask for additional tax but there is absolutely no explanation of what caused the change. What is going on with this? In the past, every notice I have seen inclu... See more...
I've had 2 clients receive CP22As that ask for additional tax but there is absolutely no explanation of what caused the change. What is going on with this? In the past, every notice I have seen included the reason for the change by the IRS. Has anyone else experienced this? What is currently the best way to get a POA to the IRS?
An 1120 extension I sent to ProSeries went through today. So, all is well.
Not sure what your problem is. It worked for me.
No, the RR says that if you filed April 18th and PAID the tax with the April 18th filing it's treated as though you had paid the tax on April 15th. If you filed April 18th but did NOT pay the tax du... See more...
No, the RR says that if you filed April 18th and PAID the tax with the April 18th filing it's treated as though you had paid the tax on April 15th. If you filed April 18th but did NOT pay the tax due until after you filed the return then the interest charge begins on April 15th. Call me naive, but I do believe a judge would agree. 
Well, I have found what appears to be the correct answer in Rev Ruling 74-235. ProSeries is NOT calculating the interest correctly. April 15th is the proper date to begin the interest charge. Guess ... See more...
Well, I have found what appears to be the correct answer in Rev Ruling 74-235. ProSeries is NOT calculating the interest correctly. April 15th is the proper date to begin the interest charge. Guess I will be getting more notices from clients now.
For 2022 1040 tax returns the due date this year was April 18, 2023. For late payment of tax, shouldn't interest charges begin on April 18th and not April 15th? Pro Series computes the interest from ... See more...
For 2022 1040 tax returns the due date this year was April 18, 2023. For late payment of tax, shouldn't interest charges begin on April 18th and not April 15th? Pro Series computes the interest from April 18th forward. However, a client of mine just got dinged by the IRS for the 3 extra days from April 15th. Is the IRS wrong or Pro Series? The regs I looked at refer to interest from the due date of the return.
Do you have one entry on Sched B that has both taxable and tax-exempt interest on it? If so, put the tax-exempt info on a separate line and see if that doesn't solve your problem.
That is correct. No checkbox for that.
Yes, there is. The issue I am referring to is that you have to also generate a 1040-X. Take a look at the ProSeries article about e-filing a superseded return.
This is probably a stupid question but, why does a 1040-X need to be completed with a superseded return? It's treated as a new original not an amended return.