Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.

CTC's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTC's Posts

I have a new client that needs to have his FBARs amended. An attorney told him to have me amend the FBARs back through 2016 with the additional information. Can that be done through ProConnect? I'll... See more...
I have a new client that needs to have his FBARs amended. An attorney told him to have me amend the FBARs back through 2016 with the additional information. Can that be done through ProConnect? I'll be doing his 2020 tax return. Thanks.
How do you enter a date for Form 114a in PTO? Maybe the filing date takes care of the date? I tried entering it in under e-filing date, but that only works for Form 8879, not for Form 114a. Thanks!
Yes, I realized that after the fact. I apologize for that. This return has 12 states and has been a total time killer, to the detriment of my other clients, especially since I don't deal with most o... See more...
Yes, I realized that after the fact. I apologize for that. This return has 12 states and has been a total time killer, to the detriment of my other clients, especially since I don't deal with most of these states. I'm used to calling customer support, but this year they are asking me where on the tax return the item should go. I previously used Lacerte, but customer support may be this way across the board. Once again, I'm sorry, but at least I'll know how to do this for the 2019 return.
I contacted support since I couldn't find it and after an hour they realized that it wasn't supported in 2018 and that's why I couldn't find it, so I either have to do it using another method for pre... See more...
I contacted support since I couldn't find it and after an hour they realized that it wasn't supported in 2018 and that's why I couldn't find it, so I either have to do it using another method for preparing the tax return or just not use that deduction.
It doesn't list MT in that area. I checked to make sure that state is marked and it is.
Thanks for the help. I hadn't thought of going to that section. It worked! Melissa
On the Montana Schedule K-1 in PTO where do I enter line 13, Other expense deductions apportionable and/or allowable to Montana? Tax payer is a Montana non resident. Thanks.
Where is the Net decoupling modification added in PTO? It's in the Maryland Schedule K-1, Part B. Additions #3, Net decoupling modification. There's a section in the K-1 for State and Local, but fo... See more...
Where is the Net decoupling modification added in PTO? It's in the Maryland Schedule K-1, Part B. Additions #3, Net decoupling modification. There's a section in the K-1 for State and Local, but for MD it says the entries will not show up on the MD tax return. Tax payer is a MD non-resident.
Where it says Participated in Composite Return the box is not checked.
Hello, Client has Schedule VK-1. He is a non resident of Virginia. Under Additional Owner Information it says on line f: if owner or entity is exempt from withholding, enter an exemption code. The ... See more...
Hello, Client has Schedule VK-1. He is a non resident of Virginia. Under Additional Owner Information it says on line f: if owner or entity is exempt from withholding, enter an exemption code. The code is 3. Distributive or Pro-Rata Income and Deductions 1. Total taxable income amounts 2. Total deductions Allocation and Apportionment  4. Income allocated to Virginia (owner's share from PTE's Schedule 502A, Section C, Line 2). 6. Apportionable income (owner's share from PTE's Schedule 502(a), Section C, Line 4. 7. Virginia apportionment percentage (from PTE Schedule 502(A), Section B-percent from Line 1 or Line 2(g), or 100%. 14. Fixed date conformity - depreciation. 18. Total Subtractions (add Lines 14 - 16 and 17a - 17d). The lines above all have positive numbers and line 4 has "0". I have been unable to determine where these number should go in ProConnect. When I called support they couldn't help me but suggested I come here since someone would be able to help. Thanks, Melissa
Foreign client is non-resident of Georgia and has a GAK-1 Partner's Share of Georgia Income. K-1 is from Partnership return which I did not prepare. There are amounts on the following lines but I d... See more...
Foreign client is non-resident of Georgia and has a GAK-1 Partner's Share of Georgia Income. K-1 is from Partnership return which I did not prepare. There are amounts on the following lines but I don't know where to put them in PTO. Line 1. Share of partnership's federal income (or loss) Line 4: Total Income for GA purposes Line 5: Net business income apportioned to GA (Nonresidents only) Line 7. Total GA source income. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Melissa
This K-1 has amounts in A - Partner's distributive share items in the Federal K-1 amount and NY state amount for Ordinary business income (loss); Guaranteed payments; Net earnings (loss) from self-em... See more...
This K-1 has amounts in A - Partner's distributive share items in the Federal K-1 amount and NY state amount for Ordinary business income (loss); Guaranteed payments; Net earnings (loss) from self-employment; and Distributions -cash and nondeductible expenses. I've entered those amounts. I've also enter the Partner's share of NY modifications. On page 2 it has Partner's other information line 29a Partner's share of New York source gross income with a number that is larger than anything else on the return. I don't know where to put that number or if it's even needed. I called ProConnect and after an hour she admitted that she doesn't know where that number should go as she doesn't prepare taxes.  Client is a non-resident of NY. He is actually living overseas but has K-1's for 12 states. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Melissa