Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.

oldsheldon's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oldsheldon's Posts

i have tp and sp both need nyc 202 ubt returns. apparently proseries can not  handle e filing of both filing tp on "original" return. no problem so far. set up new file for sp. (what a piece of g... See more...
i have tp and sp both need nyc 202 ubt returns. apparently proseries can not  handle e filing of both filing tp on "original" return. no problem so far. set up new file for sp. (what a piece of garbage this software is) the sp file got the idea (incorrect) that sp is a non nyc resident working for (not in) the city of ny. both wrong. no idea why software thinks that. there is no "last year " file as the pop up suggests- this is a new client any idea of how to correct? i cannot find a phone number to call proseries for  help is anyone else as unhappy as i am with this software?
the error message "return duplicate ssn/ein" shows up in e filing section for one client sorted by soc sec number as suggested, cannot see a duplicate. any solution out there?
thanks for the help. i now see you need to use "control M" to get to the simpler  data entry form. i do not see the box to check for material participation on the k-1 entry sheet that comes up routi... See more...
thanks for the help. i now see you need to use "control M" to get to the simpler  data entry form. i do not see the box to check for material participation on the k-1 entry sheet that comes up routinely.
every time i open the proseries software, it wants to update for something and i wait a few minutes on this. this goes on pretty much daily even after april 15th. i understand that there is a way fo... See more...
every time i open the proseries software, it wants to update for something and i wait a few minutes on this. this goes on pretty much daily even after april 15th. i understand that there is a way for the software to update at a set time every night. my IT person tells me that the "central" server is being updated overnight and that there is no way for the same process to occur on my computer to save me some time. does this sound right to anyone who understands the process better than i do, which would be just about everyone.