oldsheldon's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oldsheldon's Posts

pro series was no help. after giving up on proseries, one of my staff and i fumbled around for an  hour and kind of stumbled into what was wrong the problem was that this was the initial year for th... See more...
pro series was no help. after giving up on proseries, one of my staff and i fumbled around for an  hour and kind of stumbled into what was wrong the problem was that this was the initial year for the entity i did not click that somewhere else maybe in general info, did not seem to me to impact depreciation. once clicked, pro series gave me correct deprec. will use community before proseries. 
thank you bill- very much- i will try these- sounds like i need to delete w/s and start over.
terry thank you. i am showing at bottom of w/s "use irs tables for macrs property?"       yes (tried "no" does not change) deprec type     macrs asset class      NR  lights up red    but no error ... See more...
terry thank you. i am showing at bottom of w/s "use irs tables for macrs property?"       yes (tried "no" does not change) deprec type     macrs asset class      NR  lights up red    but no error message   NR is only possible answer deprec method                sl macrs convention       mm year of depec      2   this is filled in by proseries and  cross ref says it is for info only recovery    39 deprec basis    1,887,534   (correct number) appreciate your help.  
hello terry- what could i be clicking wrong in the locator?
client places in service non residential real estate on march 20 2023. 100% business J1 in proseries.  basis = 2,850,000 which includes land of 962,466. proseries comes up with  16,325 of deprec. ... See more...
client places in service non residential real estate on march 20 2023. 100% business J1 in proseries.  basis = 2,850,000 which includes land of 962,466. proseries comes up with  16,325 of deprec. irs table  A-7a shows  2.033% yielding  2850000-962466=1887534 * .02033= 38374 am i in the wrong table? proseries help  seems "closed" this weekend. odd. thanks, old sheldon  
thanks alot. it loooks like on the 1099R worksheet, line 7, i checked the box  IRA/SEP/SIMPLE which resulted in the amount being not taxed.  found by trial and error. proseriies  help a waste of tim... See more...
thanks alot. it loooks like on the 1099R worksheet, line 7, i checked the box  IRA/SEP/SIMPLE which resulted in the amount being not taxed.  found by trial and error. proseriies  help a waste of time, will use communitgy more. thanks.
1099R entry sheet not carrying thru to 1040 properly. i may need to rebuild file, do not know how to rebuild file.
dkh thank you. i went thru 3 proseries tech support and could not get answer. thank you. old sheldon
trying to use logic to come up with number proseries is coming  up with but cannot do so.
i have a NJ partnership with no nexus to NYS except that one partner is a NYS resident. partnership is required to file a NYS partnership return, but is not required to file k-1s for non NYS partner... See more...
i have a NJ partnership with no nexus to NYS except that one partner is a NYS resident. partnership is required to file a NYS partnership return, but is not required to file k-1s for non NYS partners. is there a way to suppress the k-1s for the non NYS residents in the  e-file system?
i removed the return from the info screen e file extension section but it continues to show up as a reject 
nyc info worksheet part VI is demanding that either TP or SP be checked but neither works for NYC nor is a non resident of NYC possibly my file is corrupt but i cannot for the life of me find a ... See more...
nyc info worksheet part VI is demanding that either TP or SP be checked but neither works for NYC nor is a non resident of NYC possibly my file is corrupt but i cannot for the life of me find a phone number- if i did, i doubt i'd get thru. any body help i'd appreciate even a phone number.
i have tp and sp both need nyc 202 ubt returns. apparently proseries can not  handle e filing of both filing tp on "original" return. no problem so far. set up new file for sp. (what a piece of g... See more...
i have tp and sp both need nyc 202 ubt returns. apparently proseries can not  handle e filing of both filing tp on "original" return. no problem so far. set up new file for sp. (what a piece of garbage this software is) the sp file got the idea (incorrect) that sp is a non nyc resident working for (not in) the city of ny. both wrong. no idea why software thinks that. there is no "last year " file as the pop up suggests- this is a new client any idea of how to correct? i cannot find a phone number to call proseries for  help is anyone else as unhappy as i am with this software?
every time i open the proseries software, it wants to update for something and i wait a few minutes on this. this goes on pretty much daily even after april 15th. i understand that there is a way fo... See more...
every time i open the proseries software, it wants to update for something and i wait a few minutes on this. this goes on pretty much daily even after april 15th. i understand that there is a way for the software to update at a set time every night. my IT person tells me that the "central" server is being updated overnight and that there is no way for the same process to occur on my computer to save me some time. does this sound right to anyone who understands the process better than i do, which would be just about everyone.