Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Departmental financial statements?

DCCPATMR
Level 1

I have a new client that has 2 departments.  I have set up income statements for the combined departments and one for each of the two departments.  Dept 2 income statement is fine.  Department 1 income statement is not.  The totals on department 1 are the numbers on the combined income  statement plus what the actual amounts that should be on department 1 income  statement.  So the figures for department 1 are overstated by the amounts on the combined financial statement.  What do I need to change to correct department 1 income statements?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
dkpcpa
Level 3

I assume you have the chart of accounts set up correctly?  Essentially there will be three income statement account numbers for each income statement account (combined: 0XXX, Dept. 1: 1XXX, Dept. 2: 2XXX)  Also be sure that the combined statement account numbers are set to I & C for the account type, and the department account numbers are set to R & E account types.  

Then when you do the custom financial statement formatting, you will have three income statements to format.  Make sure each of those are only pulling from the correct GL account numbers applicable to the combined accounts or to each department accounts. 

0 Cheers