Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

941 E-File confirmation not received

Only4Me
Level 3

A week ago I e-filed my 941 forms, but they are still "pending".  Usually I get the confirmation emailed to me within hours.  Anyone having the same issue?

16 Comments 16
JenJi
Level 2

I am having the same issue.  It says pending_efe_

TracyBoudreau
Level 1

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I've been on hold for almost 2 hours waiting to get an answer from the support desk about this. I have filed about 25 941s and 940s and between 1/2/24 - today and every one is still pending. 

0 Cheers
JenJi
Level 2

Same....all pending.  If you find out how to fix it, please let me know here.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
TracyBoudreau
Level 1

I will. Mine is saying the same as yours - "Pending_EFE". Although, what I didn't realize is that is says the same thing for last quarter but I got confirmation emails that those were processed. That's a little worrisome. 

0 Cheers
Troese
Level 3

How were you able to e-file the 940s? 

I can't even get it to show on EasyACCT - it keeps telling me: This form was not available when the program was released. (Which is a lie because the Release Notes state it was)  When the IRS releases the form, an internet update will be available for download.

0 Cheers
TracyBoudreau
Level 1

I got those messages for the first few days in January, but I e-filed my first 940 on 1/5/24 and got an e-filing acknowledgement. I have been able to e-file all of my 940s since the 5th. Although they're showing pending in the e-file screen, the same as the 941s.

0 Cheers
Troese
Level 3

I can't even product the form in EasyACCT.

0 Cheers
Only4Me
Level 3

I'm referring to the 941, not the 940.

0 Cheers
Only4Me
Level 3

I called tech support and they said the IRS isn't accepting the 941 until Monday, which is weird because I've never had that happen before.

Troese
Level 3

Oh ok - yeah, no issues with the 941s, but I can't get the 940s to even preview on the screen.

0 Cheers
Only4Me
Level 3

Did you E-File the 941 and get a confirmation from the IRS as accepted?

0 Cheers
Troese
Level 3

I haven't e-filed any 941s yet.  I should be later today, and will post back and let you know.

JenJi
Level 2

Thank you.  I have never had that happen either but at least that is something to go on whether it turns out to work on Monday or not.

0 Cheers
Only4Me
Level 3

Yesterday there wasn't an update showing in the bottom right corner of the screen, but I went up to "System" and then "Update Via Internet" and it updated and 15 minutes later I got ALL my E-File Confirmations.

0 Cheers
Brainstrom
Level 4

It took 2 and 1/2 weeks for my conformations to come through, very strange. But yes I received several just yesterday!!! We pay more and things are slower, imagine that!!!

vscpanm
Level 5

I submitted mine through quick books and have not received any confirmation yet. EASY and QB are basically the same. Intuit takes a while to get the whole process running. I am assuming early next week the confirmations will begin coming in.

0 Cheers