Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 form 941 E-file name control not appearing on e-file creation page

vscpanm
Level 5

I began creating a form 941 Q4 and when I reached the form 941 E-file Creation page where the EFIN and my filing information appear, nothing was in the Business Control Name box at the bottom. I manually entered the clients business control name, and clicked next, and the next page of the under Company Information does not show the company name, but the Business Control Name. If I leave out the manual entry of the Business Control Name on page 1, page 2 still shows the same information. Has anyone looked at that in detail and have the same issue? 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
TScott1
Level 1

My business control name box was blank and I did nothing with it.  Is that a problem?

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Not by itself. EASY normally fills that in. If you leave it blank, it still fills it in on the next page as the name control, but in the NAME FILED, at least in my version, it did not fill in the company name but instead put the name control again. I attempted a form 940 knowing that it is unavailable, and it actually filled in the name and name control fields correctly. I do not know if e-filing the 941 with the name not appearing correctly is an issue or not. I would not e-file any until all issues are resolved. 

0 Cheers