Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Report Multiple Air BnB rentals

parvitstax
Level 5

There are 3 listings and each one is at a different property. 

Do all 3 Air BnB listings go on 1 Schedule C or each go on their own?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

may qualify as Scedule E income. found this summary of C vs E:

https://taxedright.com/how-to-report-your-airbnb-taxes/

as far as one schedule, whether it be C or E, I wouild do one and have separate fixed assets for each property.  I think you have flexibility whether you show it as one or three.. results in same bottom line. 

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

may qualify as Scedule E income. found this summary of C vs E:

https://taxedright.com/how-to-report-your-airbnb-taxes/

as far as one schedule, whether it be C or E, I wouild do one and have separate fixed assets for each property.  I think you have flexibility whether you show it as one or three.. results in same bottom line. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you do lump them all onto one reporting form, the challenge arises when they make improvements to each property and keeping those improvements separated to the right one for when one is sold.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why make life more difficult than you have to?  Unless there are other reasons like state or local tax issues, go with one schedule C.  It makes it easier for you and your client.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Since we have two guesses that these are owned real estate, I'll throw in my guess that these are leased long-term and rented short-term.  

And I would put them all on one Schedule C (or Schedule E, in the unlikely event they qualify for that).  

parvitstax
Level 5

Since they are short-term rentals and I have decided to group them into a single Schedule C (since Air BnB reports all the listings as one income source). The repairs for each property I have added the property name in the asset title to help with organization.

0 Cheers