Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workers Credit

Tiger5
Level 4

My client is saying there is some kind of workers credit for the tax year 2022. I don't seem to find anything on my Pro series program or on the IRS website. 

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
abctax55
Level 15

ERC perhaps?

NMI

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Or on his state return.

Or at his barbershop.

Edit - last night I posted this just before I left the office and the post lingered in purgatory until I gave up on it.  I see the final version got chopped in the process so I fixed it this morning just so folks don't think I just leave things in mid thought 😁

Slava Ukraini!
Tiger5
Level 4

ERC is for employers not individuals. 

What doe you mean by NMI? and what do you mean "Tax software is no substitute for a good tax professional"? 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

NMI = Need More Information

A literal reading of that phrase should tell you what it means. It's a tagline/footer. Not necessarily directed at you.

Ex-AllStar
Tiger5
Level 4

thank you for clarifying, I greatly appreciate it. 

This customer is a 1040 with 1 w-2 and she is stating that there is a credit for workers? I only see ERC which is for the employers not employees?

0 Cheers
Tiger5
Level 4

is saying employees with dependents?

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Several credits for "workers" depending on agi, filing status, dependents. Some of them would be EIC, CTC, ACTC, education credits, and the list goes on

pamdory
Level 8

Sounds like the Earned Income Credit.

Tiger5
Level 4

thank you all . greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure what she is talking about then. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

There is an old business adage "the customer is always right".  That doesn't apply to the tax prep biz. 

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Public Safety Officer? Corrections Officer? Firefighter? Child Care Credit? Earned Income Credit? Solar Children Credit? She needs to tell you what it is she is thinking about that she expects you will overlook. Ask her if this is something different than last year. If it is not, then tell her to point it out on last year's return.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
pamdory
Level 8

"Solar Children Credit?"

Made me look!  

Tiger5
Level 4

she showed me the tiktoks she was looking at and it was the EIC. but in Spanish they kept saying its the workers credit 🤔

thank you all for your help and time,

qbteachmt
Level 15

Thanks for coming back to explain.

I always thought "TT" stood for Turbo Tax, not TikTok, when it came to tax prep...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.