Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We should collect a lot of these...

Taxprohere
Level 7

either for a handbook "Improve your grammar, increase your phishing success" or for reading material for a Fireball campfire retreat. 

Many of these follow the same pattern: personal and business, married, asking for a fee estimate and of course, wanting to send you their prior return.  This one doesn't go into as much detail as others.  Similar to Steven Colbert's 'Meanwhile' segment....time to dig through my spam folder!

---

Hi,

I am in Christian Ruth, (That sounds painful!  Reminds me The Exorcist is the most scary movie IMO.) i would like to know your charges for both personal and business e-filing.
I have filed for an extension for both.

My Tax situation is pretty simple. I am married filing jointly, my business is an S-Corp.  You just said 'simple'.  Actually, 'pretty simple'.  Is this like "I have a quick tax question".

Could you please let me know if you are taking on new clients at the moment so i can send you necessary documents and schedule a phone/zoom call.
Also, Can i send you my 2022 Tax -Returns ASAP so it can assist you in giving me a quote.

Is there a problem capitalizing "I" except for one of them?  And the odd capitalized C and  hyphen. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yeah, chances are ...no.  But I'm sure that 2022 return would have some wonderfully embedded viruses.

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven’t seen one of those for awhile.  Maybe my spam filter has been alert on the job.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@Taxprohere wrote:

either for a handbook "Improve your grammar, increase your phishing success" or for reading material for a Fireball campfire retreat. 

That handbook idea could be a big money maker for you.  Then after you make your millions, you can invite all of us to your private island for a Fireball campfire retreat.

Win Win

dkh
Level 15

I've never opened one of these emails - afraid of catching a bug.  I just delete.   Maybe I should for some tax time entertainment.