Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBIA in a commercial rental property

jskouberdis
Level 4

I have a question for the community.  Pro Series does not include in UBIA assets any asset that is a 754 Basis Adjustment on any type of rental property whether commercial or residential.  I have looked up the rules and some articles point out that any rental type of properties do not include 754 Basis Adj. in UBIA assets.  Then I have read other articles that say that you can include 754 assets in the calculation of UBIA assets.  The articles that say you can do not specify what type of businesses can include 754 assets.  What is the communities take on this subject.  Whenever I do a google search and include rental property it says you cannot include 754 assets.  I hope all of you Tax Pros can come up with a solution.

Thanks,

John Skouberdis

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
PATAX
Level 15

John this is a unique question that many of us have probably never seen.  If you belong to one of the national organizations like natp or nstp or any other one maybe you can call their research service and have them look up this technical issue for you and give you the documentation. If not then maybe tomorrow someone can help you since the day is Sunday and not too many on forum today.

jskouberdis
Level 4

Thank you for replying.

PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome.