Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey - How do you e-mail?

George4Tacks
Level 15

I will start it off - I use Thunderbird to handle my multitude of e-mail accounts. I have the following:

***@Comcast.net - everyone gets an account with the internet provider and you likely will be with them for a long time, but what if they get pricey and you want to leave. Then you get:

***@gmail.com or ***@yahoo.com or ***. neverheardofit.com

Thunderbird is one of several e-mail applications that can let you gather all those e-mail accounts into one spot. Between my wife (who never really does the e-mail) and myself I manage 6 email accounts in one spot. On my phone I use manufacturer (Samsung) e-mail to handle the same 6 accounts (wife & I with internet provider, my wife's hobby, my hobby, my tax, a group I handled.)

What do you run around the ethernet road on? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
qbteachmt
Level 15

Originally the email through the cable provider was a private company. The owner died, and it got sold to Charter, or did they call it Optimum, and then they tried to merge it into Spectrum. That's when we got our own domain name. Once in a while, if I have to log into Spectrum for anything TV/Internet/Phone related, I will use that portal to check the email box while I'm there, but it's never been given out to anyone.

I set up a yahoo account as a burner to trash when I retire. I set up a different one for yahoo groups, which are defunct now; that group I joined moved to groups.io. Last Sunday, I used it to set up a Facebook account for my cat, who is selling my extra snowblower on that marketplace.

I've been assigned email addresses from various job positions and functions over the years, and had to use Thunderbird to send from Quickbooks on behalf of one of my clients (monthly invoicing). Otherwise, I only use web portals and not any desktop client tool at all. That way, no one can harvest my contacts.

Get your own domain.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have a business e-mail account and a personal one.  I'm curious why you have six accounts setup ------- or is that confidential because of your job with the CIA?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

It is part of my duties in MYOB department of internet 👃👃. I edited my post to list the 6 I oversee for my me, my wife & a group I handle information e-mails for. Gotta keep busy in my old age. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JRC
Level 8

I am using Hotmail.com. 

0 Cheers
BJVM980066
Level 1

hi all pro connect folk

I am hoping to tire one of you 'upper level' guys to help me with a 2021 return before pro connect's end of  November efile shut down 

I just retired from HR Block and tried pro connect early in 2022--I still have all 5 returns that I bought---just too much going on to figure it out....so I filed extension and paid IRS all taxes owed through EFTPS.

I finally completed 2021return in turbo tax desktop only to discover that my family have used all 5 efiles and I'd have to print and mail paper--I bought another turbo only to discover that Intuit has figured out how to keep me from filing more than 5 fed returns on my computer....put it on a friend's computer in their name....and discover that turbo has shut down e filing til end of year...

I discovered that pro connect will efile until end of november !  So.....

I converted my 2020 turbo return in 2021 pro connect.....and tried  inputting n the rest of my info from paper copy printed from turbo tax....too much for me.

I want to hire a level 15 to fix my errors and input the rest so I can efile before year end.  

But don't know how to find you!  So...here's my personal email and I hope somebody will connect with me that way....IF intuit will let me send you a personal email....it is bjvmeer    at    gmail

lets see what happens!

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

You can tell how old I am, from my AOL email addresses.  (It's the equivalent of women who are named Priscilla or Mildred.)  But AOL was around before Gmail, and I learned on it, and I don't like how Gmail works, especially now that I have been forced into two-step verification.  I was just remembering this morning how my daughter was always comforted by the presence of her blanket until she was two years old -- I don't feel the same about the presence of my phone, and I often leave it several rooms away from my computer.

There is another guy here in Arizona whose name is similar to mine, but with an extra letter at the end.  I often get his gmail.  Every couple months I notice, and forward them to him.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@BJVM980066 

"But don't know how to find you! So...here's my personal email and I hope somebody will connect with me that way....IF intuit will let me send you a personal email....it is bjvmeer at gmail

lets see what happens!"

Sure; putting your contact info into a public forum is a great way to be found...

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"But AOL was around before Gmail, and I learned on it, and I don't like how Gmail works, especially now that I have been forced into two-step verification."

All the people with Android phones that created gmail accounts, or thought they needed that for their Google accounts, didn't need to make a gmail account at all. We've not made them and every function g-related seems to work just fine.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

What I don't understand is that Google has sent me two emails in the past couple weeks telling me (1) that 2-step verification is coming; and (2) it has arrived.  But I can still access my Gmail account, without needing a text message.  Maybe I am permanently signed in on this computer?  Another reason not to replace it.  

0 Cheers