Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reforestation Amortization

dlwrightandco
Level 2

I saw a question from 4 weeks ago regarding entering reforestation amortization but no answer was provided to the question and the discussion was locked. Another individual as well as I am also interested in how to enter this in ProSeries via the asset worksheet. I know how to do it manually but I would like to utilize the features of the program to do it since I pay so much for it.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When you add the asset you choose type of asset L, then go down on the worksheet, and enter The IRC section for your asset. As an example if you put section 197 (15 year) Proseries does the rest. I believe Reforestation is section 194

dlwrightandco
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't understand why the original discussion was "locked" and couldn't **bleep** the amounts from my manual calculations. Oh well, thanks again for replying.

0 Cheers
dlwrightandco
Level 2

My post should have read: Thank you for your reply. I couldn't understand why the original discussion was "locked" and couldn't **bleep** the amounts from my manual calculations. Oh well, thanks again for replying.

I don't know where the bleep in earlier post came from.

0 Cheers
dlwrightandco
Level 2

I don't know why what I'm typing is being bleeped. No cursing involved. What I was trying to say was my manual calculations don't equal reforestation amortization if I enter it the way you explained.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I have only used section 197, and it works fine. I tried using section 194, and it wouldn't work for me. Guess you will have to use "other", and manually enter everything. Sorry