Jim, thanks for taking our comments. I've met you on a few occassions with NCCPAP and I even let you know that I was switching to PTO before my sales rep. I am in my 3rd year using PTO and really appreciate the program. It allows me to be Cloud based and not have to deal with issues surrounding hosted software.
there are several items that would certainly make PTO better. I've placed them in feedback as well as providing them to programmers. I understand that 2018 tax law changes affected some enhancements, but not 2019. specifically,
- when entering addresses, the zip code should populate the city/state
- many pull-down boxes require double & triple clicking to get the item. This occurs when entering school codes, Schedule C business codes, etc.
- when entering W-2 info onto box 14, often the program takes you back to the top of the page, rather than keeping in the box 14 area
- NOTES - the box should change color to let preparer know that there are notes in the program
- there should also be a box that prevents the return from being e-filed until notes are cleared
- in addition to NOTES, it would be nice if you could "flag" a field on a schedule that lets you know what field might need additional review or info
- when entering w-2's. 1099R, etc. once the biz info is entered, you shouldn't have to enter the same info again for a 2nd form
- when printing partial return, have the ability to get all of the forms needed to be submitted on that screen (i.e. in PA, there are local returns that might need schedule C or UE. those schedules are under the state tab. this could cause required supporting schedules to not be included for those that need to be mailed.
- invoicing, the program has the ability to create an invoice, but it goes NOWHERE. it should interface with QBOA file.
- when entering W-2s or others that can have multiple tabs, the tabs should be locked at the top of the page to allow easier access.
- in the partnership package, rental properties (Form 8825) shouldn't appear under the Schedule K tab. It would be better suited for the Income tab.
- Preview Return - it would be nice if this let you know if there were critical errors.
Keep up the good work in making PTO even better. I look forward to your comments and ultimately seeing continued improvements in the software!
This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion
Thank you so much for kind words and the thoughtful feedback! I have since submitted the feedback to the product development team for their consideration.
It is our hope that the season is treating you well, and that it continues to!