Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS delayed in e-file acceptance

PATAX
Level 15

For those e-filing returns this weekend there appears to be a delay in acceptance. Wired 990 yesterday and 1040 this morning and both still have not been accepted. Could be scheduled maintenance or maybe because it's the weekend.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Returns have now been accepted.

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
PATAX
Level 15

Returns have now been accepted.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It was National Algorithm Day yesterday.  In honor of the holiday, all government computers had the day off.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

How did you know they weren't keeping an eye just on you?

PATAX
Level 15

I think it was more of Intuit delay than IRS. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Bob just said "they".  He wasn't specific if it was the IRS or Intuit that was keeping an eye on you.  Maybe both of them are. 😉

IRonMaN_0-1692638195370.png

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I prepare accurate returns and that's why I don't have any audits. But if IRS does audit, then it may actually be a blessing for me. Since I am green in audits, I would have to tell the client: "Since I am inexperienced in this matter, it may be better for you to obtain the services of another CPA or tax attorney to handle this matter". (Or maybe you or Bob can take care of the audit.) This may then lead to the client leaving permanently. And then I wouldn't have to work weekends.🤓😉🤔

IRonMaN
Level 15

But if you didn’t work weekends, would you and Heidi be listening to the polka station on the radio?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

The only reason I listen to that polka music is because the little cheap clock radio that I have only picks up one or two channels. So I'm stuck with that.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you work an extra weekend you would probably be able to purchase a big cheap clock radio 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I just received an email titled: Are you ready for an IRS audit! Either they really are watching me, or that eye that you put up there jinxed me. Looks like my evil eye pendants aren't working too well. 😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe your evil eye pendants need a set of Coke bottle glasses to go with them to be completely effective.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍