Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Feel Worth Half As Much as Two Months Ago?

BobKamman
Level 15

H&R Block (HRB), which was trading around $25 a share in January, dipped below $12 today. We’re in the same business as they are, right? I’m trying to figure out why it has lost so much value. I think the problem is that investors are selling the good along with the bad because they have to meet margin calls. Either that, or it’s a general panic.

Maybe the concern is that DIY-inclined taxpayers will use their rebates to buy computers and tax software. But Intuit shares are down a third, also.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

People are locked in their houses these days so how can they go down and sit in a Block office?  And with all of their highly trained staff normally working through April 15th and then going back to work at McDonalds on April 16th, who is going to be around filing those returns until July 15th?

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@IRonMaN"People are locked in their houses these days so how can they go down and sit in a Block office? And with all of their highly trained staff normally working through April 15th and then going back to work at McDonalds on April 16th, who is going to be around filing those returns until July 15th?

TV has Emmys.... Broadway has Tonys… If this board had Intuitys, I would certainly nominate this post. One of the best in all my years here..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m so honored to win this award.  I would like to thank all of the people that made this possible starting with my kindergarten teacher Miss Hoffman ................ 

By the way, how much time am I allotted for my speech?

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

I think you've hit the nail on the head: The delayed filers can walk into McD and get their taxes done while they eat. One stop shopping.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Slats
Level 4

Since the beginning of this filing season I have determined that Intuit is peeing on my pants leg and telling me it's raining!...... In other words; after 26 years with the program this year is the absolute worst software and updates that I have ever experienced. What is with updates to every Federal Form and State every day? Months between the filing season and this is the best you can offer at the start of a following year? And forget customer service, unless you have hours to wait for a technical support person to finally be available. Thankfully I have used the program long enough that I self-heal most issues that come up. Until now. The 2017 is stuck in an endless loop of updates every time I log in for a reference look-up for a client or a copy for their files as they have misplaced theirs. And of course 2018 won't E-file due to the "extenders".  I can certainly see myself looking in other directions after the season completes.  There may have been a time in history when Intuit and ProSeries was the best, Top Tier and flawless mostly. Not any longer. And to answer the question, do I FEEL WORTH half as much as two months ago?  YES, resoundingly YES. I feel like a bank account to Intuit, not a valued customer, or a loyal subscriber. The burn has been a smoldering ember for some time, but the flames grow brighter each day. And the burn is more difficult to ignore. Thankfully, the season is ending soon and I can research and play with other availability, perchance with an eye toward the competition and their offerings. 40+ years of experience, I did it when paper, pencil, forms and an adding machine coupled with my intelligence and knowledge ruled the day, now it's a keyboard, a screen and I feel DUMBER and DUMBER. Not so much challenge, although I am more productive in the sense of numbers of clients I can serve. Old school still rules.................for a while.