Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adult child on mom's 1095-A. ProSeries not printing 8962. Efile been rejected

I was wondering the first time I efiled what would happen when the 8962 didn't generate and it was rejected.  So I attached the 1095-A and provided a printable note showing the ACA Explanation that printed with the Filing Copy so I assume the IRS received it.  Efile was rejected again with the same message.  What do I do now?  Can I force the form 8962 to print?  Or should I attach a copy of it as a pdf?  Or does it have to be mailed....or what?  Help!

Janis

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

ProSeries has had a severe error for the past few years by not including the 8962 with a return that has 0% allocated to it.  @IntuitBettyJo 

I don't know about this year, but last year if you attached a PDF and tell ProSeries the category is "other"/"ACA Explanation", it would work.  But as I said before, the main problem is that ProSeries is doing it incorrectly in the first place.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Are both mom and child "covered" people on the 1095-A?

Are you filling out the allocation section, and allocating 100% to the child?

Mom, Dad, and another child are covered on the 1095-A.  I filled out the allocation section and put 0%.  Is that correct?  My client lives at home but is in her early 20s and is on her own.  I wonder if I need to check the box about the exception at the top.  I thought that was just for married filing separate or abused spouse.  I've been a tax preparer for 30 years...I use to love it...not so much anymore!

0 Cheers

OK I attached the form 8962 to the return showing 0% to my client.  Still got rejected.  This is what it says:
Is there a way I can force a form to print and send with the efiled return????

Electronic Filing Client Status History for Tax Year 2022.jpg

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

ProSeries has had a severe error for the past few years by not including the 8962 with a return that has 0% allocated to it.  @IntuitBettyJo 

I don't know about this year, but last year if you attached a PDF and tell ProSeries the category is "other"/"ACA Explanation", it would work.  But as I said before, the main problem is that ProSeries is doing it incorrectly in the first place.

THANK YOU TaxGuyBill!  That worked!  I had the right things attached (hopefully) I just didn't have it labeled ACA Explanation.

ProSeries....if you are watching this, you need to add that as one of your dropdown choices so people like me can efile and get it right without having to feel stupid. 

Thank you again Bill!