Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095-A MARKETPLACE INSURANCE REJECTION

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Hi,

Im looking for help to solve the rejection for the 1095A marketplace insurance. My client has verified he has no coverage. has anyone checked the box and re-efiled without adding the PDF attachments? if you added an attachment, what did you add? Ive read one help thread from 2022. wondering if the solutions i read about is working for tax year 2023?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Hello!

So what you attached plus i had to save the explanation statement as a PDF and then  attach is as a PDF. They were all accepted!!!!! IDK how to screen shot a pic but in the home base it creates a blue paperclip. This with help of phone tech support we got it! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

Thanks Bill!!!!!!!

Andrea

Hogan Taxes

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I haven't had any this year, but last year I attached a pdf, used type "other", and typed in "1095A   explanation" then said tax payer had no market place insurance. Did not put a long winded explanation, as I doubt anyone at IRS would read. It worked, but I only had one client last year that it happened to.

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Thank you! so do i just open adobe and create a document? Ive looked at adding an attachment but it just opens all my files etc... i resent it with the no insurance checkbox checked... so maybe it'll be accepted, if not i will need to try to add an attachment.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@HOGANTAXES wrote:

. has anyone checked the box and re-efiled without adding the PDF attachments?

It looks like Intuit FINALLY added that this year.  Other software has had this for a couple of years.

On the top of the 1095-A, you should be able to click the box and click the Quickzoom to enter the ACA Explanation.  Then ProSeries will hypothetically attach the ACA Explanation without adding a PDF.

With that being said, I've seen another post that said that ProSeries is still giving an error, so maybe they haven't quite got it working yet.

1.jpg

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

i resent one this morning as you mentioned, waiting to see if its accepted. i also just spoke with a marketplace agent regarding a different client. She said there is a lot of fraud going around. With that clients case she recommended escalation it to fraud with a letter to be received from IRS. so however long that gonna take... she also gave us the agents name and NPN# to report them to the state department of insurance. This issue is beyond RIDICULOUS!! Thank you for you response! i will post if my other one gets accepted with the box checked.

Andrea

Rosario - CSLP
Level 3

I am encountering a similar issue.  ITIN holders have a health insurance exemption in California.  I can't find a place to enter this info anywhere.  Is Anybody having this issue?

0 Cheers
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

STILL CANT GET THE NO CHECK BOX TO BE ACCEPTED!

ANOTHER CLIENT IS WAITING FOR A LETTER FORM IRS SO IT CAN BE ADDED AS AN ATTACHMENT. WAS INSTRUCTED BY MARKETPLACE REPRESENTATIVE THAT EACH CASE IS DIFF. IF IT IS ESCALATED TO FRAUD THEN IRS WILL SEND A LETTER.

STILL HOPING THEY FIND A WORK AROUND FOR THE NO BOX OR AN UPDATE. GONNA CALL TECH SUPPORT SOON! I NEED THESE REJECTS RESOLVED. I HAVE 5. 3 IS VERY DIFFICULT SITUATIONS!

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Somebody on another forum said if you attach a PDF (with a manually created explanation, like we've had to do in prior years), they now have a specific selection for "ACA Explanation", rather than doing "other".

Have you tried that?

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

no. Ive seen where and how but it only pulls up my own files etc.. So can I just create mine own PDF with that explanation and attach it or do i need a specific built in to my program?

thank you for your response!

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@HOGANTAXES wrote:

no. Ive seen where and how but it only pulls up my own files etc.. So can I just create mine own PDF with that explanation and attach it or do i need a specific built in to my program?

thank you for your response!

Yes, create your own.  For example, you can type up an explanation (taxpayer did not have Marketplace insurance and verified with the Marketplace, etc.) in Microsoft Word and save it to a PDF.   Then just attach that.

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

I HAVE SPOKEN TO TECH SUPPORT. I'M STILL GETTING REJECTED AFTER CHECKING THE BOX AND QUICK ZOOM TO TO THE EXCLAMATION STMT. THEY TOLD ME TO CALL BACK IF IT DOESN'T WORK..HOPING FOR A FIX SOON!

THANKS FOR YOU HELP!

ANDREA

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Thanks for the update.

Intuit tends to be slow with fixes, so you may need to be patient.

0 Cheers
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

will do! its my clients who cant wait!  they told me to call back if it didn't work... just haven't had time. curious if other are having same issue or if its working for others!?

thank you Bill

Andrea

0 Cheers
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Hello!

So what you attached plus i had to save the explanation statement as a PDF and then  attach is as a PDF. They were all accepted!!!!! IDK how to screen shot a pic but in the home base it creates a blue paperclip. This with help of phone tech support we got it! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

Thanks Bill!!!!!!!

Andrea

Hogan Taxes

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HOGANTAXES Thanks for reporting back!
Is there a helpful reply on this thread? Select "Accept a solution" if so!
Thanks for joining the community and happy filing! 
-Gabi 

0 Cheers
GEEGEE12
Level 1

I AM STILL EXPERIENCING THE 1094A ISSUES REJECTIONS AND IM NOT ABLE TO ELECTRONILLY TRANSMIT ANY RETURNS .  THIS ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED. WHAT DO I DO NEXT ANDS HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAITH FOR INTUIT TO FIX THE PTOBLEM?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

1) STOP yelling, please.

2) What have you tried/not tried?

3) What software are you using?

4) Every single client is impacted?

NMI

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Have you tried some of the suggestions on this thread? I had to check the box, no coverage and attach a PDF explanation to the return. It adds a blue paperclip in the home-base to show there was ans attachment added. All mine have been accepted. depending on which version you're using could be diff. you can call the tech support and they'll walk you through how to do it.

0 Cheers