Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railroad Retirement

janell
Level 1

I've been using the simplified method year after year for this particular client.  The husband passed in July and the wife received two RRB-1099's which hasn't happened before.  One is the same as she received in previously years.  The other form seems it's because of her husband death. I say this because box 3 (employee Contributions) is the same on both forms.  I do see that the husbands total gross paid (box 7) is just for the 7 months that he was alive. I don't know how to handle completing the simplified method worksheet with this extra form.  I did entered the 7 months that he was alive on his worksheet that I always used which is associated with his  RRB-1099. I entered the RRB-1099 that the wife normally gets on her simplified worksheet but am stumped as to how to account for the extra RRB-1099.  I don't know if any of that gross amount paid ($17,824.28) should be excluded from being taxed since I don't know what to do on the simplified worksheet.  Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

See if this link helps you: https://www.rrb.gov/Benefits/TXL-1099

0 Cheers