Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI Deduction for Section 199 A Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement

Taxes6
Level 1

Are you going to provide a signature page for the Section 199 A Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement that needs to be scanned into return as a pdf before filing?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

No because signatures are no no longer required under Rev. Proc. 2019-38.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

itonewbie, I have read 2019-38, and I was under the impression that we still have to attach a statement to the tax return, but the " contemporaneous records" requirement wasn't  required until after 1/1/2020. Did not see anything about signing the attachment or not. Could you let me know where to find that. Thanks much 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Rev. Proc. 2019-38 has the final rules.  It is not meant to supplement what's in Notice 2019-07.  Signature is explicitly required under Notice 2019-07 but not outlined as part of the requirements under Rev. Proc. 2019-38, which added some minute details that need to be included on the statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Thanks, but as long as I am still attaching the safe harbor, and the form in ProSeries has a place for client to sign I think I'll have my clients sign. Never hurts to CYA 🙂

0 Cheers