Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries - Issues

ajcpa
Level 3

Not sure if this is topic for ask the Community but recently, I encountered a problem with 2021 tax program and I was unable to access the program and was getting a .NetFramework error.   After 4 conversions and assistance with my IT persons, it appears it really was not .NetFramework issue.    Finally reached a knowledgeable tech at Proseries and got the program to operate.   I was instructed by previous tech to uninstall and reinstall which was done.  When I went to restore my date using the recommended program which took for ever for over 500 returns.   

Once fully restored, I notice that client status in the Home Base and Status in the EFile Center were not in sync.   In addition, the restoration did not copy the data base over as one would expect.  It changed last modified date to the restore date and did not copy of the efile accepted status on all those filed.   

Called and customer support said you can not get an acknowledgement update because the IRS system is down.   Wrong.  Tried today and the Home Base still has wrong client status despite Efile Center properly reflecting correct status.   Called Customer Support today and showing the problem and expressing my frustration and request to speak with someone who can fix this issue and answer my questions, my call gets disconnected after a 45 minute wait time.  Called back and currently on hold again.  

The inability to speak with a tech or rep level 2 or 3 is stupid when we are dealing with customer service personnel that are inexperienced and lack product knowledge.   Anyone have any suggestions as I have used this product for over 30 years and I am finding the adding features are really not that beneficial to knowledgeable practitioners.