Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Getting Worse Over The Years???

dascpa
Level 11

Been a ProSeries Professional customer for about a hundred years.  I understand the tax issues are getting larger and more difficult but ProSeries seems to be having more trouble keeping up versus other software (from what I hear).  Too many bugs and too many not getting fixed.  Example, I've asked for a fix on a MD individual tax return for the past 6 years and they still haven't addressed the issue.  My problem is I'm too old to learn a new software and deal with the transition of 1,000 client files.  Your opinion?

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you want to beat up on Intuit, I don't think there are too many folks here that are going to be offended.  But I am curious as to what issue you are having with MD that they haven't corrected yet.  Have they ever acknowledged that there is an issue or do they approach it from the angle that they believe they are right and you are misinterpreting something?

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

IRonMaN - in Maryland if you have a pass-through business tax credit you must "by law" e-file the tax return.  The line (current year line 25) is not supported by ProSeries.  It has never been supported by ProSeries.  You have not been allowed to mail in these returns.  I've had multiple clients take their tax returns down to the Governor's office or the Comptroller's office and hand in their tax forms **bleep**ing about this.  Finally, MD issued a waiver form (500CRW) in case your software does not support this line.  All it is is a pass-thru number in which you would pdf attach the business credit form.  You cannot override, or anything.  I've sent in requests for this for 6 six years.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Finally, MD issued a waiver form (500CRW) in case your software does not support this line"

Sounds like that little gem is why Intuit is ignoring you - it's their get out of jail free card.  They don't have to spend an extra dime in programming costs and "everybody" is happy 😬

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Have you considered escalating this above (and perhaps way above) Support and your sales rep?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

ProSeries operates like the self checkout line at Walmart ------------------ there is no such thing as a sales rep.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

The way it's going, sounds more like it could be one of those new employee-free stores.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dlnelsontaxes
Level 2

Last year I praised ProSeries for all the changes they had to do to the program and how well they did.

This year is so different!! There have been so many bugs and delays that it is very frustrating. I think they are putting too much time and money into Turbo Tax and taking our clients away as they charge us more and more! I have been using ProSeries for a very long time and I have been thinking lately more and more about trying another program!

An unsatisfied customer!

0 Cheers
ivanwayne
Level 2

For me, during 2019 it seemed that every time I opened Proseries, they advised of another problem.  Every time they fixed one thing, they broke something else.  I found myself thinking they had fired all of their experienced people and sent the programing work to India.

Since I am a Proseries customer for 20 years now, it takes some doing to make me consider another software supplier, but that's kinda where I am.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The biggest issue the last few years isn't the bugs themselves.  The big issue is not keeping folks informed of the issues and the time lag it takes to correct those bugs.  Sometimes I think they forget how short of a window we have to get returns out timely.  Not knowing when a bug is going to be fixed is frustrating for folks.  Run an update today and see if yesterday's problem is fixed and nope, not today.  The next day rinse and repeat, again and again and again until finally the problem is fixed.  The standard line of "it will be fixed in a future update" needs to be replaced with the line of "it will be fixed on" and give a specific date.  If they are afraid that folks are going to start calling if it isn't fixed on that date, give yourself some margin for error and add a day or two.  At least folks can have a rough idea when they can get rolling again and also be able to let their clients know there is a hang up, but not to worry because we will have it finished by such and such date.  Telling a client "my software is broken and I have no clue as to when it will be fixed" doesn't exactly give the client great comfort that they chose the right tax preparer.

Slava Ukraini!