Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Tax Credit Eligibility

molliemm9
Level 2

For tax years 2021 & 2022, ARPA temporarily expanded eligibility for the premium tax credit by eliminating the rule that a taxpayer is not allowed to take the credit if the household's income is above 400% poverty line.
Proconnect allows the credit if I input unemployment income, so there are no additional issues that would disqualify the client. I spoke with the help desk, and they concluded that it must be another requirement, but I am concerned it's a programming issue rather than a misunderstanding of tax guidance.
If anybody has any ideas, let me know what you think. Thanks!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I spoke with the help desk, and they concluded that it must be another requirement,"

Yes; the 133% limit. Don't take tax advice from a Software help desk. Look it up, from the IRS.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
molliemm9
Level 2

There was no unemployment compensation so it seems to me the 133% shouldn't be relevant?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Just because the 400% cap was removed does not mean a person will automatically qualify for the credit.  It is still based on a combination of income and the SLCSP.  Look at the 8962 to see how the numbers work.