Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TDS transcripts

It appears that the website won't be an allowed method for obtaining transcripts.  If true, I'm raising my rates for the additional work and wait and hassle of calling.

From Today's IRS e-news:

Beginning April 8, 2024, tax professionals must call the Practitioner Priority Service (PPS) to request transcripts to be deposited into their Secure Object Repository (SOR). While PPS has been the primary avenue for these requests, other IRS toll-free lines will no longer offer the SOR as a delivery method.

Additionally, tax professionals need to pass the current required authentication and also verify their Short Identification (ID). The Short ID is a unique 8-10 alphanumeric code that is systemically assigned when an IRS account is established. This Short ID is visible when the tax professional logs in to their e-Services SOR. If the identity can’t be verified, transcripts will only be mailed to the address of record. PPS assistors cannot resolve issues with ID.Me identity proofing or the status of an ID.Me account.

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

How often do you request transcripts?  I obtain them almost as often as I spot Bigfoot.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

This sucks.

We all know how easy (not) it is to get someone on the phone.

Logging in to eservices to pull transcripts was quick and easy.

FYI I didn't get my e-news yet Yes I did. Mixed in with a zillion other emails.

Ex-AllStar

I have clients with needs for assistance with payment plans.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Evidently our clients need to go to different classes for client education.  Mine may have some issues with providing forms, but it's rare that they need assistance with payment plans 😀

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I mostly pull wage and income transcripts for delinquent filers and for elderly clients who can't find stuff

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've been lucky so far.  I have my share of elderly clients but I have always found a family member or friend that could to do some digging when I have come across those situations.😰

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

One thing after another. In the future will they require a power of attorney, multi-factor Authentication, fingerprinting, and a DNA sample just to prepare tax return?