Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFA - Code

KristineM
Level 3

While it is nice to know that they have the alert telling us that Verizon, AT & T, T Mobile are down, what is being done to allow us to access our accounts.  We can not enter Lacerte without the code?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3

crazy day!  They didn't let me know!  How did you learn? @KristineM 

I knew years ago that this is a problem with hosted products but didn't think it would happen to me.  😐

0 Cheers
KristineM
Level 3

I had logged into Lacerte community and they had a message at the top.  I understand that this was a nation wide issue, but why is there only one option to get our codes?  If we would have had the option to switch it to our e-mails, which I prefer to get codes from anyway, then this would not have had us down during tax season. 

Now that we know this is definitely an issue, I wonder what they are doing to be more proactive for if/when this happens again.  

"only one option to get our codes"

In my hosted product I use Duo Mobile, and I can get a phone call or a code from a text or a Mobile Push.  (I had to upgrade my phone last week to be able to use DuoMobile.)