Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 29th 2024 is IRS e-file date

Barbara Braley
Level 2

Today January 29, 2024 is IRS e-filing date. Proseries Professional rejected a personal return to be filed with IRS today. What is going on?

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's a great question.  A few more details would make it even greater.  But for the heck of it, do you have your box checked that your PTIN has been verified and have you run "repair updates"?

Slava Ukraini!
Barbara Braley
Level 2

Ran Repair Updates and checked the EFIN box all good on both fronts.

Sent the returns in to Intuit again, so I will wait to see if accepted.

Thank you!

cinmon428
Level 7

Hi Ironman,

I just efiled my first Oregon return 2023. It doesn't print unless I go to the Oregon return and hit "print", but it does say "efile only--do not mail." This makes it difficult to send to long distance clients, as it won't save as a pdf. Do you have any words of wisdom about this situation? Oregon should have been ready by this morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed that "efile only" means they will actually accept the return by efile in spite of this nonsense.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If it does let you print, you can't scan the printed copy to send to your clients?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Sure I can do that. If I had say, 450 Oregon clients, which I do, I would need to hire someone to spend day after day doing that. It can be done but I refuse to do that. Do you have any other words of wisdom?

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Do you think, for example, based on your experience, that a watermark saying "efile only--do not mail" will  actually be accepted? 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I thought we were talking a temporary fix until the state got up and running.  Have you tried running the repair updates thingy?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Everything has been updated. You seem to be avoiding the question. Here it is again: In your experience, when a form says "Efile only--do not mail"--are they telling the truth that efiling that form will work?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The taxing authorities don't see actual forms, just a bunch of data, so as long as it is ready for e-file you shouldn't have any problems with the state.

Slava Ukraini!
cinmon428
Level 7

Ok, then you just made my day. As long as it goes through, most people don't care that there are watermarks sprayed all over the forms. 

0 Cheers