Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 990 short year returns

Rogersroxy
Level 2

Anybody know what to do about efiling nonprofit short year tax returns, as well as the requirement to file 2 in the same calendar year?

The IRS has required this for over 2 years, but proseries still has not resolved the issue. 

the work around they gave me took 6 hours to implement and then did not work. 

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

The other day we had a client asking about changing their 990 year end.  Because of the fear of not knowing how to do that these days, we didn't encourage the change.  @IntuitGabi  - do you have any information on how to help Rogersroxy out?

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

And now this topic is running twice. The original, with more details, can be found under the Program in use, here:

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/form-990-short-year-re...

There is no need to keep asking the same question as new topics. It's all the same community.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Rogersroxy
Level 2

Just doing everything I can to get proseries to fix the problem. The mandate from the IRS has been out for 2 years.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"to get proseries to fix the problem"

This is a peer user community.

This link is where you can post an "idea" to be voted on and then implemented, perhaps:

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Rogersroxy
Level 2

I was told by Proseries the IT department said everything was working as it should be and at most it may be fixed for 2024 tax season. UGH!!!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

That was a comforting phone call.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@Rogersroxy Are you sure that's what they said to you? Do you understand broken English? I have a PhD in that and I can help you if you can't understand it.

Rogersroxy
Level 2

I was not allowed to talk to IT directly. This was what the representative said on the phone. I have been trying for over a year to get the issue fixed. No one at Proseries seems to know about the problem even though I have called many many times about the problem. 

PATAX
Level 15

@Rogersroxy do yourself a favor and in the future come here first and ask questions. That's what I would do.