Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits

mcd1231
Level 4

Does anyone know when this form will be finalized?  It says Feb 7 but there is no update yet.  I called Intuit and she said she didn't know.  Big help!!!

Thank you in advance

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Feb 7th is an estimated date, but the day isn't over yet so everyone waiting (and there are a fair number of folks waiting), are forced to patiently wait.

Slava Ukraini!
mcd1231
Level 4

Thank you.  I will check again at midnight.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would try later this afternoon for the heck of it, but in any case, good luck!

Slava Ukraini!
MARYNAV
Level 3

I just updated this minute and it still isn't final.  I cannot figure out how to complete the form so my client gets the $600 credit on a new air conditioner rather than the old $300.  Does anyone know if that is a problem because the form isn't final or am I just filling it out wrong?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I just ran an update and an update was there for me to retrieve.  I don't need form 5695, but I looked for the heck of it and it wasn't in my update.

Slava Ukraini!
MARYNAV
Level 3

Finally, the form has been updated and it is allowing the $600 credit.

0 Cheers
MARYNAV
Level 3

Actually it is calculating the $600 credit but the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit Limit Smart Worksheet isn't calculating.  Line A is supposed to bring forward your tax liability to see if it is enough for the credit and it is coming back blank when my client has a $17k tax liability.  Therefore it is limiting the credit to zero because the form isn't inserting his tax liability.  It is tough getting returns out the door early when the forms are not working.  I guess I will have to contact Intuit.  

0 Cheers