Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041 first and final no DNI and distributions

russ1
Level 3

Q.  If there is no DNI do I need to report the disrtibutions on schedule B line 10?

Details:  This is a first and final simple 1041 decedent estate.  The only asset was a bank account.  There was a little interest earned.  The fiduciary took a small fee that resulting in a net loss.  Then he paid out ~$800K to the beneficiaries in equal amounts to close out the accounts.

I entered the amounts as dollar disrtibutions to each beneficiary and the total shows up on the schedule B line 10.  Since there is no DNI, there is no deduction for the distributions.  Also, nothing shows up on the K-1s for the distributions (just the small 67e losses).

Is correct?  Or do I even need to enter the distributions?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

Do you even have $600 of interest income?  Why are you filing?  Just so the deductions flow through to the beneficiaries?  But I don't see a problem with entering the distributions.  It's correct that they shouldn't show up anywhere on the K-1s.  

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Assuming you are using ProConnect, enter percentages (other) , rather than $ amounts. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Do you even have $600 of interest income?  Why are you filing?  Just so the deductions flow through to the beneficiaries?  But I don't see a problem with entering the distributions.  It's correct that they shouldn't show up anywhere on the K-1s.