Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto withdrawal

semiretired123
Level 2

I prepared a 1040 for a client.  She owed money and wanted auto withdrawal on April 15.  I transmitted the return reflecting her requested date.  A week later she sent me an email stating she wouldn't have the money by then and wanted an installment agreement. How do I cancel the payment and substitute an installment agreement.  Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone needs to call the IRS to try and cancel the payment.  This is the kind of crap I hate and why I tend to avoid doing electronic payments with the return whenever I can.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone needs to call the IRS to try and cancel the payment.  This is the kind of crap I hate and why I tend to avoid doing electronic payments with the return whenever I can.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Tell her to call the telephone number on the 8879 to cancel her payment.

If she can pay it off in a few months, she may not need an Installment Agreement.  Otherwise:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application

semiretired123
Level 2

I agree

semiretired123
Level 2

Thanks

taxes96786
Level 9

Tell her she has to call IRS to make the change. Make sure she has a copy of the return in front of her when she calls. or get a signed POA and charge her for the extra work

0 Cheers