Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else here do payroll?

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

and if so, have you tried to log into SSA BSO lately?  I have not been able to log into it after they made their log in changes.  Right now I am waiting for something from them via U. S. mail.  I was just wondering  if anyone else that does payroll has been able to log in using new method.  Thank you. 

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
JRC
Level 8

Since the change was to take place right in the middle of TAX season I have set this back in my mind for a rainy day to try and sign in.

Great timing for the change to take place. haha

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@JRC I waited also but expected problems and sure enough.. when you try can you report back here how it went.. thanks

JRC
Level 8

Waiting for "extra security" code in mail now..

I have no idea how they can connect my OLD Business BSO accounts to my Individual SS account.

Nothing is ever easy.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

@JRC Please post **bleep**.  Reset password => can't, have to create a new account.  Create new account => You already have an account.  At one point something she tried did end up having her log into her "regular" SSA account (which was fine since we also needed to download her 1099-SSA, but didn't get us any closer to her C Corp BSO data!)

Tech support is listed as being open M-F 7a-7p so we filed an extension to kick the can down the road until BSO can get their act together.  Sounds like we're somehow back to "snail mail me a password."  Ugh.  I'd better go through and see who else I have on BSO, there's at least one client w/nanny taxes who uses it.  They'd better start now getting passwords reset so they're not SOL on Jan 30th next year trying to file W-2s.

JRC
Level 8

A miracle just happened

My BSO account is linked to my SSA account,

Thank God.

Fixed

rbynaker
Level 13

That was bizarre.  I think you edited the post I was quoting!

JRC
Level 8

Its weird you still need to select "Employer Services" and use your Personal account to log-in,

AT: https://www.ssa.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm

Makes no sense to me.

JRC
Level 8

I changed it LOL..   haha

Still a Night mare to figure this out on your own.

AND what is this new authentication junk we have to try and figure out. LOGIN,GOV,

They ask you have to have TWO types and the Other type Authenticator Apps still requires a phone, yet they say you need TWO types in case you LOSE your phone.  LOL

PATAX
Level 15

@JRC God is capitalized.😁

JRC
Level 8

Thank "GOD",

Sorry I was all upset at getting this setup,

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah we need God's help when dealing with all of this nonsense.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

so I have an update also.. I could not get in under my BSO log in under id.me. Tech support was no help and they had me call SSA.. that call was in que and i hung up after a while.  then went back to BSO and my personal log in populated.. somehow I got to BSO using my personal SSA log in.  I cannot access my personal SSA info but I am into the BSO.  

JRC
Level 8

Jim,

For your Personal Individual Account you enter your SS personal information at: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

For BSO you have to enter at the BSO site at: https://www.ssa.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm

That's what I have found that works.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

thanks!

0 Cheers