Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount rolled to 2021 refunded just today?

Liesal
Level 4

Cline called today and indicated he received a refund of the amount rolled to 2021 as estimates line  36 and not the amount I had on line 35 a to be refunded.  I am puzzled . Return was efied so there can be no human error.   I have the lines properly marekd  and pro series agrees with amounts rolled and refunded.

anyone have this issue?

I told clinet  to sit for a few days and perhaps the reaming amount that was to be refunded will be refunded.  Either way I need to now have client make estimates by April 15 which he otherwise did not need to do.  How could this have happened on an efiled return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

Well, this also means you filed early, before the forms and computations were updated. I imagine the IRS worked through that form manually and that's where it ended.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Liesal
Level 4

I did not file  early only two weeks ago, Nothing on his tax return changed. IRS just reversed the numbers i had for roll and refund. again on an efiled return how is this possible.  Looking if others had this experience

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I did not file early only two weeks ago"

Lacerte, Proseries, ProConnect, and even TurboTax are just being updated yesterday and today. That will cover the UI issue. I don't know if it also covers the APTC issue.

You know Congress passed retroactive changes. The IRS announced not to file amended returns, because they would "do the math" on returns already filed.

"Early" from the perspective of the programs in use here. Not "early" from the perspective of the filing due date, which you also know has been moved out to May 17.

So, "how is this possible?" IRS has the right to make any change they deem necessary. Have you or your client logged into their "where's my refund" to see any any messaging that might be there?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers