Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60% charitable contribution limit

brentgregory
Level 2

Last week Lacerte indicated that the 60% cap on charitable contributions would be incorporated into the software--finally--sometime this week.  The 3/19 update did not include the change.   There is supposed to be another update tomorrow, 3/21.  The IRS sent me a copy of Publication 526, which Lacerte indicated it was waiting on, so that it arrived here a week ago!  I still don't understand why issuance by the IRS of Pub 526 was necessary to implement the change initially, since it was part of the law passed in late 2017.  Still, nothing has happened even with the issuance of the publication, and I am angry.  This is not the biggest item from the new law, I freely admit.  Still, I have clients, including a 100-year old client, to whom the change applies, and I have to keep telling them that I can't finish their returns yet.  Lacerte's interim suggested solution of overriding the 50% limit is not satisfactory since it would preclude e-filing of the state returns.  I's looking at other software providers for next year.

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

This has been updated with today's program update.

0 Cheers