Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 tax changes in the works at this late hour?

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Of course they are.  This tax season had the chance to be too boring without a change plugged in this late.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Why do I have to read about it in a British rag?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
poolcleaner
Level 9

Because the Daily Mail manages to scoop the US papers way too often!

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@poolcleaner exactly!  I searched for this news on other sites and could not find it anywhere. I know if they make the changes it will help families but will throw a monkey wrench in tax season.  I hope if they do pass it that it becomes one of those things where the IRS will just refund the difference without having to file amended returns, like they did a few years ago with the unemployment income exclusion, passed after filing season started. 

PATAX
Level 15

I bet they pass their pay raises on time.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@PATAXyep. and they are threatening another government shut down in about two weeks unless they come to a budget agreement, to conincide with opening day of tax season. 

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
BobKamman
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:

Why do I have to read about it in a British rag?

Because you're too cheap to subscribe to the American newspaper where the Daily Mail finds its Washington stories?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/04/heres-one-bipartisan-deal-congress-could-strike-j... 

PATAX
Level 15

@BobKamman 🤣