Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095-A reject

kzollo
Level 2

Clients return rejected saying they should have Covered CA health insurance 1095-A however there is no form in their profile and they cancelled it in 2021. Is there a box we can check so the return can be filed without the form. If so where is the box located?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

1)  Have client call the exchange to 'make' sure there was no overlap into 2022.  It happens, a lot.

2) Any dependent(s) that might have bought insurance on the exchange?  I just had one bounce for that reason.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
kzollo
Level 2

I have been in this industry for 15 years but new to ProSeries. I have called the client and they have checked with covered CA. Their dependents are on their own and have been for several years. They previously had insurance through the market place but are not getting a 1095-A this year via their account which shows nothing to print. They again have checked. In a previous software there was a checkbox to say they were not receiving a form from the marketplace. Does ProSeries have that ability. otherwise I will have to file a paper return.

0 Cheers