Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1065 Ending

Anthony C
Level 1

So other than amending the tax returns, any suggestions.

Partnership has several years of suspended losses due to basis but they were claimed each year due to self preparation. Final year is 2019 and I am hitting a roadblock with finalizing this.

Partners both owe over $100, 000 so if this is not paid back is this a LT Capital Gain?

Thanks you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Not sure about LTCG but don’t think so.... 

...extend....amend...  and invoice to clean up their mess.... remind them of all the $$ they saved by screwing it up in the first place.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
Anthony C
Level 1

Can I keep picking your brain?

Partners were both on payroll, so there's that and even if amended for that and amended personal for suspended losses, they will still have suspended losses at the conclusion of partnership. They are both not going to return the capital so can the one partner assume the debt, not adding to basis, and pay the debt back to the smllc. Hoping to convert to s Corp for 2020, to avoid the LTCG from suspended loss.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15
0 Cheers
Anthony C
Level 1

Thank you for this.

I am not sure if it applies to my situation but always good to have some resources.

0 Cheers