Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 error but no error

lucrecia
Level 4

why is proseries showing 1 error when theres actually no error? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
cinmon428
Level 7

Found the problem. Check the box showing your PTIN is verified correct. Zero errors now. The software doesn't lead you there. You have to find it. I like complicated puzzles. 

View solution in original post

28 Comments 28
dkh
Level 15

So when you click on the yellow triangle Error icon nothing comes up ?

Is it possibly because one of the forms in the return is not Final  ?

lucrecia
Level 4

On the Federal Final Review just shows 1 error but the bottom error checker shows green. Maybe your right one of the forms are not final or maybe its just too early to efile..

cinmon428
Level 7

I'm getting the same thing on my federal final review. I was going to ask about that as well. I am guessing that it means we can't efile yet but I'm not sure. Any other opinions?

cinmon428
Level 7

Or, to ask it another way, is anybody showing zero errors on a federal return? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I prepared one this weekend and I just checked and it is still showing zero errors.

Slava Ukraini!
cinmon428
Level 7

Iron Man, 

Are you using Professional? I just checked on Professional and it shows no errors for a simple return. But on Basic, the one error shows. Is anyone using Basic showing no errors?

cinmon428
Level 7

I just spoke to someone at Proseries who told me "it should be fixed by sometime in February." 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, I am using Professional.

Since February has 29 days this year, that gives them an extra day to get the issue fixed. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
cinmon428
Level 7

Hopefully, overriding will work. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

If an error doesn't actually exist, you probably can transmit the returns by turning off error checking when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
cinmon428
Level 7

Yes, I realize that. It's just the word "probably" that bothers me a lot. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes you have to run with scissors and give something a try ------------------ and you have to think positive.😬

Slava Ukraini!
cinmon428
Level 7

I know all about thinking positive. I'm a retired psychologist. But I'm not going to be a captured rat in a maze. I'm going to scream about problems.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Unfortunately, screaming doesn't do much good since Intuit support is pretty much deaf.

Slava Ukraini!
cinmon428
Level 7

It works for me, especially when I get to bigger cheeses. 

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Found the problem. Check the box showing your PTIN is verified correct. Zero errors now. The software doesn't lead you there. You have to find it. I like complicated puzzles. 

lucrecia
Level 4

Thank you so much! I was going crazy over this. I appreciate your help.🙏

cathymcbride
Level 2

Can you tell me where that box is located on the return?  Is it on the info wks?  I can't seem to find it.

0 Cheers
cathymcbride
Level 2

Found it.....on the firm/preparer info

Val Gal
Level 1

Thanks a million! 

0 Cheers
lferonti
Level 3

Thanks for posting this.  I had updated and rebooted and still an error.  Thanks again proseries for wasting my time.

0 Cheers
Michael-WI
Level 1

THANK YOU!!!

0 Cheers
Judy A
Level 3

repair your updates in Tools Hub.....finally fixed mine and I was able to E-file 

0 Cheers
TrailRider1964
Level 1

I'm struggling.  Where do I find the check box to verify that my PTIN is correct?   I've been using ProSeries for seven years but this eludes me.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's in the Preparers information section of the software.  Find your PTIN and it is right next to that.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Tools, options, firm preparer info

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

OREGON IS WORKING NOW!

0 Cheers
Judy A
Level 3

Nope PTIN was just fine.  My problem like I said was the repair to my updates in the Tools Hub.

0 Cheers