Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will ProSeries be updated for the MD schema change on April 15th

Maureen W
Level 2

MD did a schema change this morning (April 15th) for new form 502LU. I am hearing from colleagues that this is preventing e-filing ALL MD returns, even those not affected by the new form, and they are having to wait to e-file MD returns until their software updates in 10 days. I would like to know when ProSeries plans to update for this, so I can give clients an idea how long they will need to wait before I can e-file the MD return.

Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Thanks for your question Maureen. 

We are actively working with the Maryland state department of revenue on the timing of releasing these forms when both the software, and the department of revenue systems are both setup to begin processing the new format. Once we have received approvals from the state the update will be ready to go very quickly....

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit doesn't share that information with their customers so you are kinda left hanging.  Tell your clients you are hoping that the software will be updated somewhere close to that 10 day window.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
chasetax
Level 7

have filed several Maryland returns today-not yet accepted tho   FYI

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Thanks for your question Maureen. 

We are actively working with the Maryland state department of revenue on the timing of releasing these forms when both the software, and the department of revenue systems are both setup to begin processing the new format. Once we have received approvals from the state the update will be ready to go very quickly....

LongTimeUser
Level 1

How do you start a new question on this system (as I do not see an option, so I had to use an ongoing topic)?   Also, is there a chat option for Lacerte users?   Or is there an email option for Lacerte users?   If so, can you provide the links?  thank you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Click on "ask the community":

Lacerte Tax Support (intuit.com)

Slava Ukraini!
chasetax
Level 7

@IntuitAustin can we still e-file other Maryland returns that don't have the unemployment issue?

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@chasetax If the return does not have unemployment income, it should not be held up by any other pending changes.