Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to efile extension on a partnership return

bobkakarala
Level 1

When I'm filing extension of Partnership return, I'm always getting a message that Intuit filing Center is currently processing ...duplicate Employer ID, though it's not duplicate ID.

Impossible to reach proseries. Put me on hold for an hour on Friday, that person said some body will come and help. No body contacted even after and hour.....very bad service!!!!!

Bob

0 Cheers

1 Comment 1
IntuitCharlene

Thank you for joining our Ask an Expert session. 

Typically when you receive this turn away message it does not mean that your firm is filing same return twice from ProSeries, this would generate a duplicate status in your program. If you did not already file a return or extension this typically means that another accountant using Intuit Software (ProSeries, Lacerte, or ProConnect Tax) has filed a return with the same identification number. If this is a new client they may need to check with their prior accountant to see if extensions were filed by mistake. If no one else had the information needed to file the extension the taxpayer you may want to review the IRS next steps for identity theft: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5199.pdf 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers