Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule D - Sale of a Inherited Home. My Client has a Capital Gain from the Sale of her Mothers Home

Taxmatters2
Level 1

I have called Pro Series Twice and spent over an 1 hour and a half with the Pro Series agent and NO ONEKNOWS what worksheet to use to enter the Capital Gains form the Sale of a Inherited Home. Here are the choices of Worksheet when you go to Schedule D.1) Form 1099B 2)Non Business Bad Debt 3) Primary Resident Home Sale. In years past you can input the Letter I and it would automatically compute Long Term Capital Gain or Loss. YOUR ASSISTANCE ON THIS MATTER IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

We are almost a Month Away from the Deadline and my Client is wondering what is the hold up with their Tax Return. They are concerned as to why a Professional Tax Software does not have the capability to enter this information. They want answers from me as to when I can finish their Tax Returns. Please help me Satisfy my client with a good answer. I don't want to lose the client to another Practitioner that doesn't have this Problem. Please Help!

0 Cheers