Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xylophone is no more

IRonMaN
Level 15

Friends, Intuitians, countrymen, lend me your ears;. I come to bury Xylophone, not to praise her.  Evidently only praise for Intuit support peoples is allowed in the praise posts since Xylphone's most recent praise post has disappeared.  After seeing two posts about her, I feel like she was a friend.  I'm going to miss her.  But I honestly won't miss her as much as Penelope and Penelope.  I hope they were able to find a job where they are truly appreciated.

Slava Ukraini!
27 Comments 27
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Oh, I must have missed the second one.  Did the second one have non-praise in it?

IRonMaN
Level 15

No, it just got off topic talking about my dog's visit to the vet yesterday.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

They don't want their advertising posts to be cluttered up with anything besides praise.

itonewbie
Level 15

Intuitians... How original can you get? 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
rbynaker
Level 13

Sorry, I missed that.  How's the dog?  And the wife.  And the COVID.

Cheryl said they're seeing an uptick in canine pneumonia in the vet ER lately.  I don't know if it's local or nationwide.

IntuitGabi

From your feedback we decided to keep case related threads out of the discussion board. Always open to other suggestions! 

As for Penelope and Penelope, I miss them too....maybe they'll return someday... 

IRonMaN
Level 15

We outlasted COVID and have escaped the confines of the house.  The dog is a little tired and sore, but otherwise doing well.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff, did you get to read my response before they deleted it?  And how is Scout this a.m.?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I saw it and responded and then it disappeared into Intuit purgatory.

His only problem today is the fact that I created a monster last night.  He decided that since he had chicken last night, chicken should be on the menu today.  So he wouldn't touch is food but did eat a chicken coop worth of chicken this morning.  

I took his cone off for a short walk outside this morning and he did just fine --------- until he got in the back yard.  Three times he had that paw shoot up towards the side of his head.  The little guy could out jab Mohammed Ali in his prime ------------ that paw moves fast.  I think we are going to have keep the cone on for future walks or we are going to end up with another trip to the vet to fix torn stiches 😁

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

May be you can pull that peanut butter trick again and he'll eat anything you serve after that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm working from home today and he is helping.  He is such a hard worker 😁

Scout working.jpg

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Oh yeah... the cone of shame.  He still looks groggy.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's his normal look ------------- based on what he nets out on his paychecks, he believes he shouldn't have to work too hard 😜

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I'm glad to see he's in 'Friday casual' & just chilling out. I first started bringing my doggie to work after Tara had her ear amputated (1995...) and I was NOT leaving her alone to rip the stitches out.  Here we are 28 years later & Juno is at the office with me today - supervising & greeting clients to drop off e-docs.

Give him a cookie from me (I ass-u-me you have a supply at the office??)

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks.  Since the diabetes diagnosis treats are pretty rare for him these days ☹️

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

OK... a chunk of chicken then?

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

👍

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN   Your own dang fault for not asking whether you could deduct vet bills for your dog, maybe because of that unfortunate assault that we can't mention.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

But is Scout a gaurd dog?

Ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@sjrcpa wrote:

But is Scout a gaurd dog?

That, I don't know.  But I can see he has a nice sheen and not puce.

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

The last thing he is, is a gaurd dog.  He isn't going to be mistaken for a junkyard dog either.  He is just a mellow dog that isn't the bravest dog you will ever find.  But he is a very expensive dog ------------------- I have the vet bills to prove it -------------------------- and he is worth every penny 😉

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I disagree... he is 'obviously' gaurding that banker's box.  That laid-back look is just to fool the crooks.  IMHO, that makes all the vet bills deductible.  Don't forget to get a W-9 so you can file the F 1099-NEC come next January.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since I read it on the internet, I guess those bills are tax deductible 😀

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN He is obviously a mellow dog because he has been gaurding the Fireball a little too closely.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would never let him near Fireball.  I believe that stuff is toxic.

Slava Ukraini!
TiredFarmer
Level 7

Well you know I may be tired alot but sure would defend the dog and if you need more chicken I would try to arrange that for you all.  He does look like a hard worker.

IRonMaN
Level 15

He made employee of the month last month.

Slava Ukraini!