Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow - can you tell it's near the end of February

dkh
Level 15

My oh my are sensitivity levels high in this forum the LAST FEW DAYS !    

February is always the most STRESSFUL month of tax season FOR ME.  I believe I am NOT alone based on SOME OF the posts I'm READING.   

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

Stress is one thing, and yep, I'm stressed to the max.  I'm guessing most all tax pros are right now.

That, however, does NOT justify the sense of entitlement that seems to be *blossoming*.   I love helping out folks; I've said many time I had great mentors as I was learning this business and I like to pay it forward.  But only to those that don't demand it as their "right" just 'cuz they figured out how to log on to this forum.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

I'm surprised at those that don't seem to even take the time to read through this forum before posting. Don't appear to take any time to do research on their own.  

Entitlement is this perfect word.

When I need a stress break from the craziness, I read these posts.

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh @abctax55 what amazes me is not only do they demand an answer sometimes, and think they are entitled to it, when they do get the answer, some do not have the common courtesy to say "thank you". That is something I was always taught to say, and I say "thank you" all the time, probably when it isn't even necessary. Another reason it has become so stressful is it appears we are getting all of the difficult returns, I.E. the 49 million people or so that go to "free e-file" probably have easier returns, and then VITA picks up a lot of other easier returns,  and guess what, we are stuck with the more difficult returns .... Just my opinion

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

I agree that more gratitude should be conveyed to those active members on this board always willing to provide their advice and insights.

One dissent though -- yes, we are getting the more difficult returns compared to what is being processed through Free E-File and VITA -- because people are paying us for the courtesy!  Huge difference!

PATAX
Level 15

@jofijohnjoseph Thank you for your comment.

0 Cheers