Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawal date for estimated payment

meo
Level 2

Taxpayer making estimated payments via direct debit. I can select date on the state but can only do April 18 on the federal. TP not confident payment will be made in a timely manner and wants to set up for an earlier date. Why can't this be done for the federal if we can do it with the state?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have them setup their own payments through the IRS electronic payment system then.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
you should be able to chose whichever day youd like on federal, as long as its 4/18/22 or earlier..Ive been setting them for 4/10/22 all week....make sure youre typing 2022 (I keep finger flubbing and entering 2021)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
meo
Level 2

I can do it for the payment due date but I do not see a place to change the date for the federal estimated payment (although, state lets me pick a date).

meo
Level 2

In theory that's a great idea. However TP in in his 90's and no family (or me) in the area to set this up. It just seems strange that Proseries allows you to enter an earlier date for fed payment due and state pmt due and state estimated pmt but not federal estimated.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ohhh estimates can only be scheduled for the due date. Its hard coded into the software.

I won’t let my clients use ProSeries to make the payments.  Check the threads on this.  ProSeries effed up the 1Q 2020 payments.  The payments also were effed up for 1Q 2021.  Some question who is responsible for that one.  Tell your client to just do it online.  You can pay today.  Once you get receipt, who cares when government pulls it out.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
tax years 2019 and 2020 were a wonky years due to the due date changes, the programming sucked and got stuff all screwy...I use it often for my elderly clients, its always worked great.

0 Cheers

You're right - it always did work great.  But these past two years I got tired of people yelling at me because their payments didn't come out.  

0 Cheers