Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would Recovery Rebate Credit be eliminated after tax return was succesfully efiled?

pc321
Level 3

After the return was successfully efiled, I went to open the return to print the efile acceptance form and a message popped up saying "ProSeries has detected that amounts calculated in this return have changed since return was efiled."  When I display the change, it shows the entire $1,800 Recovery Rebate Credit has been eliminated. But there is no explanation as to why the Recovery Rebate Credit is being eliminated.  Taxpayer is Single, turned age 24 on 7/1/20, has W-2  income of $25,000, interest income of $50, and is not a dependent and no one has claimed him as a dependent.  I thought maybe ProSeries had an update that changed the Recovery Rebate calculation after I efiled.  But that is not the case.  I created a new return with the identical facts and the Recovery Rebate Credit is $1,800 and passes ProSeries review.  Any thoughts as to what caused ProSeries to change the calculation of the Recovery  Rebate Credit from $1,800 to zero after the return was successfully efiled?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I've had the same message on a few returns today after they have been accepted and I go back to print the Client copy. Nothing changed on the actual 1040 so i just thought it must be a glitch after today's update.

Whenever Intuit fixes one thing it usually breaks another thing, in my experience.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
dkh
Level 15

The only reason to have $1800 included in 2020 refund is if the taxpayer did NOT receive advance payments.  Did you answer questions 16 and 19 on RRC worksheet ? 

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I've had the same message on a few returns today after they have been accepted and I go back to print the Client copy. Nothing changed on the actual 1040 so i just thought it must be a glitch after today's update.

Whenever Intuit fixes one thing it usually breaks another thing, in my experience.

rbynaker
Level 13

TaxGuyBill reported this problem earlier today.  He said the return didn't actually change, the problem was just the worksheet and the erroneous message.  YMMV

pc321
Level 3

Thank you!

pc321
Level 3

Thank you!

0 Cheers
joelbach
Level 1

So what everyone is saying is that the returns I filed that legitimately were owed a refundable recovery credit for stimulus payments not received before will be refunded and the message about the return detecting changes and the 1,800 being eliminated is not correct?

dkh
Level 15
correct
Anna Keiser
Level 1

Wow that's so strange, why would it be eliminated?

0 Cheers
Arthur11
Level 1

Hello. Try to contact the bank itself with this problem.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

It's only a ProSeries software issue.