Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why won't proseries electronically file extensions?

vcrcpa
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jebb
Level 2

I was able to file extensions for my clients before 17 May 2021.  Maybe the reason why could be because you are trying to file an extension after the set due date.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
jebb
Level 2

I was able to file extensions for my clients before 17 May 2021.  Maybe the reason why could be because you are trying to file an extension after the set due date.  Thanks!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

For people with the June 15th extended deadline?   

IRS made this info public back a month ago, you cant Efile extensions after the May 17th deadline, even if you have an extended June 15th deadline.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
poolcleaner
Level 9

Taxpayers living in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, and Kentucky have until June 15, 2021 to file most types of returns that were due after February 11,2021. The IRS says that the only way for those taxpayers to file an extension is on paper or to have filed an extension on the appropriate due date which is probably March 15, 2021, April 15, 2021, or May 17, 2021 depending on which type of return is being filed..